What happened to bluesynths.com???

AnalogGuy

• Members

I noticed the bluesynths changed totally. It's been already long time, but still can't see the reviews for most of the gear like they are still waiting, but nothing just happens... when they will finish the rest of reviews? :facepalm:

Will the bluesynths.com be back anymore??? I am just missing those great soundfiles :cry: and I was so excited to wait for new review for Roland VP-330 but nothing now... :mad:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Bluesynths.com is changing into GreatSynthesizers.com ???

At least I can see SOME progress... hopefully they will maintain all the original sound files which I miss so much.

Is anyone able to contact the original reviewers.. like Theo Bloderer? (hopefully I typed the name correctly)

• Members

Bluesynths used to be one of my favorite synth sites. They were top shelf all the way.

But basically, it's a lot of work to maintain a website. And one that relies on very thorough product testing, sound files, and good photography has to be a huge amount of work. I think people like Theo Bloderer just get tired.

Remember Sealed? I used to email him when I lived in Japan. He got a post grad degree in education, and he's involved in curriculum planning now - something that takes most of his time. He told me that he simply couldn't maintain his site. He did archive it, and it's still up. He has it hosted under a Japan Mac board, and the ads generate enough to keep it up.

One tireless trooper is Matrix. Even though he mainly links other sites, he still puts a lot of work into it. I've always been amazed at the sheer volume of stuff he has.

Archived