I've got a difficult decision...

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

So my birthday came, along with a vacation pay out at work, and I've decided I'm going to treat myself.

I have at one end, an Einstein at a pretty good price to replace my uber. I would use this live in my main band. And then at the other end, I could get my Traynor modded by Fuchs. I'd keep the Uber this way, and the Fuchs modded traynor would just be used for future ambient projects I'm trying to put together.

I'm so torn. My other guitarist is changing his rig around and I was kinda thinking I'd like to do the same and this is a great opportunity to do so. But I've also wanted to break into jazz, and the Fuchs would cover a territory I definitely don't have covered as far as mid gain goes...

Choices, choices...

what say you?

• Members
Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

I'd go for the Einstein. From what I've heard of it, I'm sure with the correct tweaking you could use the Einstein to pull off both sounds and maybe not even need to use the Traynor. Plus if you dont like it, just resell it.

Thats kind of the way I'm leaning... I might just get my amp modded around tax return time. Then I'd have both.

It's just that every time I hear a clip of one of them I go "yeah, that's what I want. I think that's what I'm gonna do" and then a clip of the other one pops up and I get all convinced on it instead. I've been tryin to decide which one I want for like the last two weeks.

The Einstein would be a way different type of tone than my usual, but I've been diggin it for the first time in a loooong time. Who knows what it'd be like in my hands tho... I've only heard clips. The thing is that I wouldn't lose hardly any money if I turned around and sold it. It would be like a "rental fee" and I don't really have a problem with that. :D

I dunno.

• Members
Originally posted by Japetus

Buy a JCM800, a Polytone Mini Brute and keep the Uber.

I like that idea too. I was going to suggest a JMP but I dont know how he feels about using one channel.

FWIW, I use my Marshall for the hard stuff, the bluesy stuff, and occassionally, the wankery jazz side. :p

Archived