If I wanted to trade my like new Single Recto, what would you offer???

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members
Originally posted by macmax

I'll trade my Tremoverb head +my Mark IV combo + 500 dollars for your Single recto

HAHAHA......Wow, I would be blown away if I thought you were serious.

By the way, aren`t you the little cutie pie in the black bikini? You wanna come over to my house and play with my amp? Don`t worry, I`m harmless. :freak:

Eric

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Amps only please. At least two channels with killer high gain. 50 or 100 watts is o`k. Must be able to cover high gain tones from the 80`s to the current modern tones.

I will definitaly be willing to add money for the right amp.

Eric

I will offer my half eaten cheese sandwhich with a little mold on it.

• Members

have you played an original 5150 dude? more high mids than a Recto, more low mids than a 5150 II, tight as hell :) sure, shared EQ, but thats never been a problem for me LOL

good luck though man! maybe a mark series would be a good amp for you? ive always loved the tones ive heard from them
:love:

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

have you played an original 5150 dude? more high mids than a Recto, more low mids than a 5150 II, tight as hell
:)
sure, shared EQ, but thats never been a problem for me LOL

good luck though man! maybe a mark series would be a good amp for you? ive always loved the tones ive heard from them

:love:

Actually, that`s what I`m thinking of. I want to get a 5150 II and have JerryP mod the lead channel back to origional 5150 specs. That would be the best of both worlds, IMO. Thanks for the suggestion.

Eric

• Members

Amps only please. At least two channels with killer high gain. 50 or 100 watts is o`k. Must be able to cover high gain tones from the 80`s to the current modern tones.

I will definitaly be willing to add money for the right amp.

Eric

Hey Eric,

Try getting a hold of lumpy555. He lives a couple of hours away from me. I was thinking of trading my JSX for his 5150 a while back. If I remember correctly, it was an older one...I forget all the details, sorry

Later!

• Members

Thanks bro. Unfortunately I`ve tried that too. The Single Recto sounds good. May be the best over-all amp I`ve owned, but it just isn`t exactly what I`m looking for in the high gain tones. I keep thinking more and more that I want to go back to the 5150 II. It`s not as versatile but I loved the grind it had. I should have never got rid of it.

By the way, look for a PM from me. I would like to see what you can do for me on a band logo.

Eric

Eric, it's easier for me if you use my email (sig). I'll look forward to hearing from you.

• Members

dude im in the same position as you. when i bought my series 2 single rec i thought i would have it for ages but i got tired of the recto sound pretty quick as was looking for something different. like 2 days later all these different amps came up like a tremoverb hughes and kettner triamp mk1,fireball and powerball.
and all of these for like the same price or a little more like the tremo

Archived