'best' boost pedal for a DSL 100

schecterboy

• Members

Hey guys, I should be picking up a DSL 100 in the next couple of months and I have been advised by quite a few of you guys to pick up a graphic equaliser and a boost pedal to really get the most out of it and really push the gain on it.

I think the BOSS GE-7 will be the eq I go for but what about the boost pedal...

It seems that the main 2 are the BOSS SD1 and the TS-9

Which do you guys think would suit better for hard rock/metal sounds and also would it be worth spending extra on a TS-9 Plus if that's the one to go for?

Cheers everyone!

John

• Members

Hmm ok I guess this was asking for a lot of responses! hehe

So let's say I've narrowed it down to the 2 I mentioned originally, which do you think would be best to go for, and what would the differences be between the 2?

Also what can the bad monkey offer as a boost/clean boost pedal?

Cheers

• Members

I actually liked the wylde od best when I tried a bunch with the DSL, I wasn't really expecting to like it either cause it looks {censored}en dumb, close second was a the reissue tubescreamer which is way more expensive. THey didn't have a bad monkey where I went but I've heard good things about that one too

• Members

Originally posted by StringBreaker

Its not just about saturation.

Adding a boost to an already dirty amp can have very nice results.

Yes! The DSL & TSL are loose and farty as hell when not boost/comp'ed.

I can't imagine playing heavy staccato stuff plugging straight into my TSL :freak:

I actually almost never push the gain past noon on any high-gain amp I've ever played. From that point on, adding pedal gain sounds much nicer and tidier to my ears.

Archived