Any good music stores in London?

Nillerbabs

• Members

Hey pals - particularly you from the London area :wave:

In twenty minutes I'm going to the airport, headed for London. I'd like to know if there are any instrument stores that I have to check out. I'm also looking for a store where I'll be able to play a LP and a Voyager side by side. I'll call Digital Village when we're there, but until then - suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks alot!

Niels

• Members

Mostly guitar shops at that, and probably not particularly great prices for new or used kit of any kind.

Turdkey was worth a look in a few years back just to try stuff out but that's gone now, and tbh the shops that did sell synth stuff weren't that great a deal, to say the least, when they about 10 years back, now that's all gone to Ebay, they're mostly just midi controllers.

if it's still there, there is one shop a little further up Charing Cross Road as you walk away from Trafalgar Square and past Denmark Street that sells a lot of used offboard and effects, you could always hope for a lucky find, but again a bargain might be too much.

if you like a bit of goth/death metal though, do go all the way to the other end of Denmark Street and look across the road, the Intrepid Fox reopened over there after the actual Intrepid Fox pub closed down/mutated into a restaurant or something.

Archived