EMU Audity 2000 or EMU Xtreme Lead1

Mpresev

• Members

Just want your opinions if one if better than the other.. I don't really care about outputs at this point as I just care about quality on sound.. Both are in the 150.00 range I believe... Also, I'm doing research on them now on other sites but I would like to know your thoughts..

If I didn't like the EMU ORBIT, would that mean I would be wasting my time on either or modules?

Gratsi..

:cool:

M.

• Members

The Audity 2000 came out before the XL1 and has alot of the same sounds. The Audity only has one expansion slot and the Extreme rom was the only one made for it. The Extreme rom has all of the Orbit and Planet Phatt sounds. The XL1 has one expansion slot (Turbo has three) which can use any of the 2000 series roms. The TSCY or Beat Garden roms are good choices for Techno/Dance stuff.

• Members

There's no reason to get an Audity 2000 over an XL-1. The XL-1 has all the same samples plus more, the XL-1 has all the same filters and arpeggiators, the XL-1 has higher quality DACs, plus if you get the Turbo version you also get more memory slots and multiple outputs etc.

• Members

Thanks mates.. I will not be getting this unit. I was close to getting this yesterday because It's 64 voices, 16 part electronic music box.. But for 150 more, I could get the Waldorf Micro Q instead and I'll get it for it's programmable arps.. :thu::cool:

Archived