Dual Recto 3 channel or Tremoverb???

zakkfaerum

• Members

I'm not sure what the prices are on these things usually. I just know that everyone who owns a tremoverb raves about how much better they sound than solo heads (they probably sound better, but i bet the difference is minor). and also, i love reverb and tremolo. to have them both in an amp would be pretty sweet.

• Members
Originally posted by zakkfaerum

how is your roadster?? Looks like a killer amp!!!

I love it, or at least I did when it worked. Something's broken so it's in the shop and they're taking their sweet time with it. I have no idea what the problem is. I'm having similar problems with my F-50 though, so I think the problem might be related to the power in my house or something.:freak:

• Members

I responded to your twin thread in Rig-Talk. I just tried a T-verb tonite and contrary to the "popular" opinion which I would suspect on the internet......I would go 3 Channel DR all they way......the T-verb is a fine amp though.....not as ballsy or aggresive as a newer 3 Channel to my ears.....it is maybe more warmer sounding and less "modern" to me.....I am referring to Channel 2 on the T-verb vs. Channel 3 on the DR....

• Members
Originally posted by shred-o-holic

I responded to your twin thread in Rig-Talk. I just tried a T-verb tonite and contrary to the "popular" opinion which I would suspect on the internet......I would go 3 Channel DR all they way......the T-verb is a fine amp though.....not as ballsy or aggresive as a newer 3 Channel to my ears.....it is maybe more warmer sounding and less "modern" to me.....I am referring to Channel 2 on the T-verb vs. Channel 3 on the DR....

You just need a little more presence on the 2ch models compared to the 3ch to get it sounding like a 3ch - both on Modern. However, there's still less buzz :p

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

You just need a little more presence on the 2ch models compared to the 3ch to get it sounding like a 3ch - both on Modern. However, there's still less buzz
:p

That may be true about the presence........I did set it the way I did my 3 channel......there seemed to be a tad less ballsiness though....it did remind me of channel 2 on the 3 channel...

• Members

That may be true about the presence........I did set it the way I did my 3 channel......there seemed to be a tad less ballsiness though....it did remind me of channel 2 on the 3 channel...

IMO, channel 2 on a 3 channel has way more balls than channel 3.

• Members

IMO, channel 2 on a 3 channel has way more balls than channel 3.

I've always dug ch 3........so it sounds like our tastes are different......which leads me back to getting another 3 channel....I'm actually in the same shoes as the poster here......I could get a Tremoverb for about a grand....my 3 Channel was awesome....I tried ch 2.....but I always ended up on ch3.....

• Members

I've always dug ch 3........so it sounds like our tastes are different......which leads me back to getting another 3 channel....I'm actually in the same shoes as the poster here......I could get a Tremoverb for about a grand....my 3 Channel was awesome....I tried ch 2.....but I always ended up on ch3.....

It does sound that way. Although, I always used Ch3 Modern and Ch2 Vintage when I had my 3ch, so I didn't hate it like most people seem to. :)

• Members

It does sound that way. Although, I always used Ch3 Modern and Ch2 Vintage when I had my 3ch, so I didn't hate it like most people seem to.
:)

Yes it is such the hated amp on the internet.....the hated internet amp that slays live and leaves people impressed and me satisfied during and after very show I used it......:cool:

• Members

i am still waiting on mine i paypaled a guy 2 weeks ago with. i filed a non received item. can i still get my money back if he has closed his bank account? im bout till get mad again and this time i will kill if need be. done with this bull{censored} life and the people in it anyways.

Archived