Cover Band Thread!!!!

t-rave

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

trust me, you are better off. My friend uses a vetta for his coverband and I told him to mic the amp instead of using the sims. He hasn't gone back. The cab sims do just that. they simulate the sound and it sounds hollow and fake coming through the PA. Throwing a mic in front of the amp sounds much better to my ears.

In my case, the soundman refuses mic my Vetta, because he loves the direct sound so much. He has tried it though. I did, however set up all my patches direct, and just kinda take what the cabs give me onstage. Important to note, that this is all post 2.5 though...cause the old direct sound was pretty {censored}ty.

skyHigh... I have, what I consider, a KILLER patch for Wanted Dead or Alive, for the 12 string part, for Vetta/Variax.

If I ever get my Vetta home again, I'll upload it.

• Members

Originally posted by squealie

In my case, the soundman refuses mic my Vetta, because he loves the direct sound so much. He has tried it though. I did, however set up all my patches direct, and just kinda take what the cabs give me onstage. Important to note, that this is all post 2.5 though...cause the old direct sound was pretty {censored}ty.

skyHigh... I have, what I consider, a KILLER patch for Wanted Dead or Alive, for the 12 string part, for Vetta/Variax.

If I ever get my Vetta home again, I'll upload it.

sounds good...but would it work without a variax?

• Members

I started out in a cover band and it really was helpful in my early years. It teaches you to appreciate a song, even if it's not one you would normally listen to. I see original bands today that I know started out just playing their own stuff and they never grow beyond that point. The continue playing the same type of stuff they started out playing.

As far as liking cover bands goes, I don't.
If I wanted to watch people do their impressions of popular songs I would go to a karaoke bar (and I do).

• Members

Originally posted by SkyhighRocks

sounds good...but would it work without a variax?

When I don't take my Variax out... I just use a clean/chorus-y patch for that part.

If you stick with the Vetta, you should definately check out a Variax. I wouldn't use it as my main guitar... but for 12 string, acoustic, tele, sitar, and even banjo stuff, it's a lot of fun live. And now, with the workbench software, you can program patches that include different tunings!

• Members

When I don't take my Variax out... I just use a clean/chorus-y patch for that part.

If you stick with the Vetta, you should definately check out a Variax. I wouldn't use it as my main guitar... but for 12 string, acoustic, tele, sitar, and even banjo stuff, it's a lot of fun live. And now, with the workbench software, you can program patches that include different tunings!

Well I use my schecter C1/EA for the acoustic stuff and with the 2 inputs in it I can play dirty and clean at the same time.

• Members

That sounds neat. Never heard of the C1/EA.

I have one of the older ones. The newer versions have 1 input that you use a y cable with. Mine has 2 seperate inputs...one to DI for the acoustic through the PA (piezo system) and the other goes to my amp. There's seperate volume controls for each so I can have one or the other or both at the same time.

Archived