Musicians Friend takes over Music123.

DannyM

• Members

Originally posted by ebsbert

I hate to break it to you, but samedaymusic, zzounds, and americanmusical are all the same company - just three different Internet store fronts.

... in case you're interested - they're all Victor's House of Music based in Paramus, NJ.

• Members

I hate to break it to you, but samedaymusic, zzounds, and americanmusical are all the same company - just three different Internet store fronts.

wow OK

but if anyone's into non-GUitar Center properties, these would be the ticket yes?

• Members

The best experiences for me have been with Samedaymusic. Musiciansfriend isnt bad, but they aren't so great either. I actually order a Glyph hard drive from Sam Ash...through the phone and the Guy was Very Nice, helpful and knowledgeable...it was a nice treat.

Lately I have been straying away from GC because they switched out my go to guy and that basically makes GC worthless to me for daily purchases....When I'm going in and getting 20$ a week or so on strings...and I get a few dollars here and there off...that adds up.

SO the only thing I use GC for is the 12 months no payments no interest plan they have.

• Members

Originally posted by Alanfc

wow OK

but if anyone's into non-GUitar Center properties, these would be the ticket yes?

Personally, I am a fan of American Musical Supply (aka zzounds, samedaymusic) - they have good service and for me (in NY) fast shipping.

I've returned items on occasion with no fuss.

• Members

Personally, I am a fan of American Musical Supply (aka zzounds, samedaymusic) - they have good service and for me (in NY) fast shipping.

I've returned items on occasion with no fuss.

+1

i've been pretty happy with AMS myself.

i still buy some from MF because i'm a day away from a warehouse, but have pretty much grown tired of messing with them. if i order online they'll ship fedex and it'll take week to get my order. if i do a phone order, they won't shut the {censored} up about thier damned bull{censored} extended warranty.

• Members

Originally posted by ROTINPAIN

The best experiences for me have been with Samedaymusic. Musiciansfriend isnt bad, but they aren't so great either. I actually order a Glyph hard drive from Sam Ash...through the phone and the Guy was Very Nice, helpful and knowledgeable...it was a nice treat.

I think you just got lucky.. I've dealt with Sam Ash for a long time and those guys could {censored} up an anvil...

• Members
Originally posted by Americanidiot89

this succkks, i actually liked music123
:(

I agree- always beat the "Price Match Offers", Free Shipping, and NO TAX!!!, which MF charges me in Washington-- 8 1/4 %!! ---some of the highest in the U.S.
I'll miss M123, But someone will always be there to try to undercut the competition. I hope, anyways.

Archived