Stephen Kay to demonstrate Yamaha MOTIF at NAMM 2011

• Members

I'd like to see a return to motif based VAs, the PLG-an200 sounded excellent through the older motif. Amazing even.

PLG150-AN actually. It did sound great but not enough people were buying PLG boards. The convoluted process of editing (you had to use a soft editor) was also a showstopper for a lot of folks. Half an AN1x inside your Motif with no knobs to twiddle :poke:

• Members

KARMA has always been one of those things I have told myself I will learn some time but right now I have too many things going on, sort of like getting deep into Reaktor programming and Kontakt scripting. People like Mr Kay coming up with innovative algorithms and software for multiple hardware platforms is a good thing.

Speaking of other things going on, a four-year old child just came in asking me to read more "Elmer Elevator"...

• Members

Sorry for the confusion. :) For the software to work the yamaha would have to be connected to the computer. That's what I was going for. :) Just to re-clarify what has be clarified.... the M3 has Karma built in. No software of computer needed (if you don't want it that is ....).

Archived