Groove Tubes EL34M

TMarhsall

• Members

Originally posted by TMarhsall

I am sure this topic has been brought up before, but due to the lack of search function, I will ask again.

No , no asking again. If you can't use the search feature, like everybody else. Then you can't ask twice. :mad:

Wait...

What?...............

Oh, nevermind. :D It seems there is NO SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!

I want to try some of the EL34 from GT as well. Either the GT or the Telefunken EL34's. Which are pretty damn exp. :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by fyrwyr

My first experience has been great, big fat punchy tone and well defined; a good sounding tube to my ears. Works great in Marshalls it seems.

Thanks for the information. They would go in my JCM800 so it is good hear they work wekk in marshalls. How does it compare to the "winged C" EL34?

• 2 months later...
  • Members

At first I did not like them for the deeper bass and pulled them out. Decided to try them again over the weekend with more time to A/B against the stock RI Mullards in my QR. I like the EL34Ms better now. I dial out a little of the bass, which isn't a problem. The harmonics are much better than the Mullards. Mine are rated at 4 for an earlier break up. Got 'em from Doug's Tubes.

Doug is highly recommended for all tube needs. :thu:

• Members

Uh this is an old thread.......just contributing....I tossed a pair of GT EL34M's in my Single Recto....sound very good....waaaaay better than the stock Mesa 6L6's..

I prefer EL34s in Recto anyway..but now you've got me wanting to try GT EL34M too :D

I bet that's $150 a quad :-(

Archived