Komplete 7

Tomkeen

• Members

I would say that it is absolutely worth it if you don't have any software synthesizers and a good sampler program. You get an added benefit if you have any interest in experimenting with programming in a modular audio processing and synthesis environment (Reaktor) but if not you still have access to a large library of factory and user-contributed ensembles. If you play guitar and/or bass you also get guitar rig which is a decent modeling program and has effects that can be used as general plugins too. Otherwise I would take a look at what you have already and decide whether Komplete 7 will add anything significant.

• Members

Ya - it depends what you're looking for, I guess. You can do just about anything with Reaktor (with a little time investment). Lots of people use Kontact for their main sample playback duties. Absynth and Massive are fine synths. And while you lose a couple from previous versions (like Pro-53 and B4II), you gain a lot more.

It's got something for everyone.

• Members

Don't forget FM8 and also the new physical modeling synth Prism built on Reaktor. Also Reaktor Spark is included now as well as some classics from the electronic instruments expansions for Reaktor. Prism and Spark are excellent synthesizers on their own and can provide you with plenty of very interesting new sounds.

• Members

Komplete 7 killed my G.A.S. forever, I think. It's simply amazing. And yes, it should work ok on that system, though it's much happier with more RAM, of course (especially Kontakt). Kontakt is a rather spectacular sampler, and the sample library that comes with K7 is quite extensive, and professional. Absynth is just amazing; Reaktor is to lose yourself in forever (I've been interested in Reaktor since before it was called Reaktor), FM8 is all the FM synth you'll ever need, Massive puts most VA analogue to utter shame in terms of flexible and extensive modulation matrix.... you miss this suite at your peril.

• Members

I'm on Komplete 5 and in no hurray to obtain anything else. I need a newer OSX to load any upgrades. I bought it on that summer sale and figured I would find out if soft synths are something I would be interested in working with. As an old-time hardware guy, it changed my whole perspective! Full of possibilities. When I need a new piece of gear, I go to the Reaktor user library and try out something new. I love it!

Archived