SPAM: Omnisphere (SOLD)

droolmaster0

• Members

But I didn't know software could be sold after it has been bought.

Spectrasonics grants license transfers on a case-by-case basis, and Spectrasonics requires you obtain permission before you sell. They also mention "there is often an additional fee involved that covers the transfer of all the rights to the new user".

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/omnisphere_faq.php

I suspect Droolmaster has already contacted Spectrasonics and has received permission.

• Members

Software advertised for sale includes the tacit assumption that permission for license transfer has been obtained, though I think it is a good idea to state that in the advert. A prospective buyer should check to make sure, though I am sure in drool's case he has already obtained permission as he is an experienced buyer/seller and well-known and trusted here and at other places like muffwiggler. I didn't realize that Spectrasonics grants license transfers, but I never bothered to check either as I have no interest in selling my Omnisphere license. There is a list of software developers that do not grant license transfers maintained at KVRaudio.com in the marketplace forum. Some developers grant only a one-time transfer.

Thinking about this it is odd that I have bought and sold lots of hardware but not once sold a software license. It might be a good idea to look at what I don't use and try that.

Archived