Studio's of the Pros on Music Radar

MuzikB

• Members

Lots of simple and focused setups. Loved the one guy Tim Simenon that used to own a room full of hardware and now he gets 90% of his sounds from a Minimoog and the rest from software.

Plus, I always get a "yesssss" screaming in my mind when I see people using cheapo stuff - like Stardust who did an entire very successful track, with the Alesis 3630 as the only compressor on vocals and the track itself.

Edit: ha! spotted the 3630 in Morgan Page's studio as well... under his Avalon preamps.

Anyway, it's pretty cool to see how everybody has different approaches and some synths that a lot of people here seem to not like much (like the Prophet 08) are used a lot nowadays.

• Members

Plus, I always get a "yesssss" screaming in my mind when I see people using cheapo stuff - like Stardust who did an entire very successful track, with the Alesis 3630 as the only compressor on vocals and the track itself.

Edit: ha! spotted the 3630 in Morgan Page's studio as well... under his Avalon preamps.

Yeah, the 3630 is one of those pieces of gear that just about everybody uses or has used. I've had mine about 18 years, and I have no complaints.

It's also still in production, unchanged, which is unusual in this business.

• Members

Yeah, the 3630 is one of those pieces of gear that just about everybody uses or has used. I've had mine about 18 years, and I have no complaints.

It's also still in production, unchanged, which is unusual in this business.

Seen it a few times in England but never used it. What's its' specialty?

• Members

No specialty really. It's just a very, very cheap compressor made by Alesis, so cheap you really don't have an excuse not to have one - at least that's what one of the "pros" said in one of the photo sets ;)

But it was really made famous by Daft Punk, being their sidechain compressor of choice in the old days.

• Members

No specialty really. It's just a very, very cheap compressor made by Alesis, so cheap you really don't have an excuse not to have one - at least that's what one of the "pros" said in one of the photo sets
;)

But it was really made famous by Daft Punk, being their sidechain compressor of choice in the old days.

Didn't read everybody's studio. ;)

Bangalter. The reason why the French aint so bad. :thu:

Archived