Good funkyclav or epiano tunes for a C- Level rock n roll player

Sarricola_Sauce

• Members

So I scooped up an old qs8 and made some have decent patches and have been able to add keys to lots of our tunes in my coverband. We play tons of disco, funk, Michael JAckson, and new dance stuff with two guitars and we can get kinda groovy but adding the keys has kicked ass and my chops are getting a {censored} tone better.

However, i'm still pretty ham fisted and I wanna learn some really hot grooves. I can comp chords with a few basic and jazz voicings but I don't know a lot of licks really. I'm talking about jams that have a touch of hand of independence and are simple enough where I can groove on em once I get em really clean and then kinda integrate em into my mental bag of licks.

Does anyone know where to get decent charts for those jams. I like the full staff but I don't have much of a sight reading ability on piano right now. I can find a lot of guitar pro tunes on ultimate-guitar but lotsa times you can tell the charts aren't written by a piano player ya know. Plus most of the really rad {censored} isnt guitar centered so you never find a GP format version on ultimate guitar.

I'm just lookin for tunes that are at least half popular that I can find easily and have solid foundational handwork and are fun to groove on.

Any ideas?

Archived