Mixing G12T-75s and Emi Governors in a 4x12?

rog951

• Members

Guys,

Anybody tried the above mixture before? The '75s have 97db sensitivity and the Governors are rated at 102db. I wonder if the Celestions will be able to be heard very well with that differential. I'd appreciate any info you guys could give. Thanks!

:wave:

• Members

I had a Marshall cab with GT75's and Vin30's in an X-pattern...and it sounded GREAT! and...I like the eminence Gov's way better than the celestion V30's...trade out the GT75's for eminence Man-o-War and you are THERE! (I had a SPLAWN cab with that Eminence combo and it was BETTER IMHO):thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Echoes

I had a Marshall cab with GT75's and Vin30's in an X-pattern...and it sounded GREAT! and...I like the eminence Gov's way better than the celestion V30's...trade out the GT75's for eminence Man-o-War and you are THERE! (I had a SPLAWN cab with that Eminence combo and it was BETTER IMHO)
:thu:

Hey man, thanks for the advice! I'm afraid those man-o-wars will have to wait a while but I'll keep them in mind for when some $$$ becomes available.

Hmmm...I also have a pair of CL80s and a pair of Mesa MC90s that I could use in place of either the 75s or the Govs. Problem is, when I start to think of all the possible permutations in a 4x12, my brain shuts down. I could even try one of each I guess! :confused:

Archived