Nice quality (and free) plugin for an acoustic piano sound?

Syyle

• Members

Just wondering if anyone has a quick link or a good resource for finding a nice sounding plugin for an acoustic piano? Just looking for a free one right now. Unless there are some truly amazing plugins out there that aren't too expensive...?

Thanks for any help.

• Members

there's a ton of free pianos out there. a lot of them are not that great sounding. after a weekend's worth of research testing freebies when I was searching for a basic, very good piano vst, that made me feel like I was playing a live piano right in front of me, I choose

Safwan Matni VST Plugins: PROVA

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=u3cz33k0ps20k

His others, JAZZ BABY, and GENERAL are ok, but PROVA sounds to me like I am sitting at a live piano right in front of me, not a processed one.

There is probably better out there (free) but I have not run across it yet.

One thing, the low C note is a half step off for some odd reason, but the rest seem fine.

• Members

I don't actually like weighted piano style keys so I use my 61 key synths, and/or an Oxygen 49 I bought specifically for VSTs. It has 16+ controls for mapping to VSTs

I wouldn't like weighted keys for synth sounds, but playing that piano plugin with my keyboard didn't feel right. The velocity control was weird; I feel weighted keys might work better. Although I guess I could try changing the keyboard's velocity curve just for kicks.

Archived