Mastodon tone

petejt

• Members

Originally posted by voodoopower

Uh, nope, they most definitely use Distortions. I have both a JB and a Distortion in my axes and frankly you have to be tone deaf to not be able to pick it out instantly.

can someone get some kind of confirmation from an interview or something? i think its debateable

• Members

Originally posted by J Bone

pretty sure they use both jbs and distortions, in their main guitars think they're jbs, don't think you can get chrome covered distortions

Yes you can actually.

Mastodon with Bill Kelliher (Duncan Distortion Humbucker) are set to release a

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Nightgaunt

Nice. Wish I had an RR1, damn you!
:D

Yeah man, not only is an RR1 its a Black RR1, U.S.A. Rhodes with all the trimmings. I got it in about 1992 and its been my main axe up till I got a Jackson JJ1 which I absolutely adore for mad power chords.

Still the RR1 is the best playing guitar I have ever tried, ever. I think those era Jacksons which are USA made are something special.:thu:

• Members

Yeah man, not only is an RR1 its a Black RR1, U.S.A. Rhodes with all the trimmings. I got it in about 1992 and its been my main axe up till I got a Jackson JJ1 which I absolutely adore for mad power chords.

Still the RR1 is the best playing guitar I have ever tried, ever. I think those era Jacksons which are USA made are something special.
:thu:

Awesome. Me and the other guitarist in the band are gonna go to the Jackson custom shop eventually I reckon. I already know everything I want, lol.

• Members

Awesome. Me and the other guitarist in the band are gonna go to the Jackson custom shop eventually I reckon. I already know everything I want, lol.

Yeah, I wish to hell their prices weren't so insane. Back in 92 I paid 1400 for it fresh from the factory.

Good luck though. Jacksons are the only guitars I will buy. They are just aweosme

• Members

Yeah, I wish to hell their prices weren't so insane. Back in 92 I paid 1400 for it fresh from the factory.

Good luck though. Jacksons are the only guitars I will buy. They are just aweosme

Up until now I've been an Ibanez man, but since only endorsed artists can get a custom guitar off them, and there's no guitar available that's anywhere near the specs I want, it's time to defect I think.

The custom shop is cheaper than you'd think to be honest. In the UK an RR1 is about

• Members

Up until now I've been an Ibanez man, but since only endorsed artists can get a custom guitar off them, and there's no guitar available that's anywhere near the specs I want, it's time to defect I think.

The custom shop is cheaper than you'd think to be honest. In the UK an RR1 is about

• Members

Thats totally cool. At some point I would like to get a couple more models. Maybe a Soloist. Also I really like their natural finishes.

Those prices are not bad at all. PS I got my JJ1 U.S.A. Scott Ian signature for $650 USD in 2001 from ebay. Came in flawless.
:love:

That's a shockingly good deal. God bless eBay.

I'd like an RR and a soloist. I fancy myself some neck-thru action :D Gotta get the RR first though, 'cause it looks too metal to pass up.

• Members

That's a shockingly good deal. God bless eBay.

I'd like an RR and a soloist. I fancy myself some neck-thru action
:D
Gotta get the RR first though, 'cause it looks too metal to pass up.

You know, the shape is something you either love or hate, but regardless, the damn fretboards on the RR1's are incredible. Just so easy to play, its a shredder for sure.

Archived