Talk to me about Orange amp reliability - AD140

-DOOM-

• Members

Hey Hey -

Please comment. I keep hearing horror stories about reliability issues / duds with respect to the new Oranges - most notably the Rockerverb series it would seem.

I'm looking to get my hands on a AD140 and need opinions from those with first hand knowledge on reliability and/or any common probs that may exist.

Cheers.........

:thu:

• Members

haven't tried an AD140, but I used a new AD30HTC a few days ago that buzzed like crazy..it was sort of like the sound you get if you touch the end of a guitar cable when it's plugged into a high gain amp (not that I do that...)

although it wasn't real noticable when I was playing.

I have a new rocker 30, and it has been reliable so far. (got it about a month ago). I've used it with the volume around 8 for hours at a time, and it's still working perfectly.

Maybe there are some good and some bad ones.

just make sure you test it out completely before you take it home :thu:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

i've got the ad30, and its been a good amp. no buzzing or any other problems at all. the ad140's that have passed by have been in good shape too, no problems. i would recommend a tube change, it helped mine get up to full speed.

• Members

i had an AD140 for a little bit. it was great for the first bit i had it (it was a floor model for about a year before i bought it). about a month after i picked it up, the power tubes failed. that's about it though. replace the stock tubes.

Archived