HIGH GAIN *CLIP* Voodoo Amps 2204

voodoopower

• Members

This is my Marshall 2204 w/ Voodoo Amps hex mod doing March of the S.O.D. by SOD of course.

Its really high gain so most of you will probably hate it and possibly be offended by this clip. Don't worry though, it is good for you.

(I just retubed this amp with some Ruby EL34's and GT 12ax7's)

CLIP

By the way this is with my Jackson JJ1 USA with a JB pickup in the bridge. I got pissed at the tone control (cause I kept hitting it with my hand) so I disconnected it, sounds better to me, more detail in the tone.

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

sounds good man...plenty of gain, but still has a dry feel that's not overly buzzy

and those ripping agressive mids i love
:thu:

sounded kinda weird on the palm mutes (kinda like you muted too much and didn't pick hard enough on them) but other than that it all sounded great to me

nice, thanks for checkin it out

as far as the palm mutes, it might be that either I didn't have it loud enough or had the bass tightness controll up a bit high

• Members
Originally posted by TOStudent

NICE:thu:

COol! Get this: For mastering, I have my KRK monitors put away for the holidays. Kids cant handle seeing speakers without smashing in the dust caps.:mad:

Anyhow, I plugged my computer into a stereo TV... and yeah you guessed it, mastered based on that.

• Members
Originally posted by Goodison

man that thing is {censored}ing sweet sounding.

Very nice!

thanks! I swear my headphones must suck. It sounds plain bad through them. :mad: Tomorrow I can try my monitors back out.:thu:

Funny, it sounds great through my tv... dunno what to make of that... ahaha

• Members
Originally posted by flytrapx

Hell yeah, that's a kickass tone:thu: It's got some really good bite and depth. What cab were you using?

I was using my Recto 4x12 with their 70w v30 Black Shadows. I mic'd the top slanted speaker because the bottom ones tend to be a bit bassy.

Thanks for checkin it out.:D

Archived