E609 Mic -Clip included

bverdon

• Members

Sounds nice bverdon! Maybe a bit "boxy" - which may be related to mic placement and the room it was recorded in.

I disagree about "doesn't color the tone". 609 & 906's (as well as the 409 those mics were modeled after) both have a distinct midrange coloration.

Congrats on your new mic.

• Members

Originally posted by mrbobo

Sounds nice bverdon! Maybe a bit "boxy" - which may be related to mic placement and the room it was recorded in.

I disagree about "doesn't color the tone". 609 & 906's (as well as the 409 those mics were modeled after) both have a distinct midrange coloration.

Congrats on your new mic.

Well...maybe so...but compared to the SM57 I have...it doesn't.

Yeah...I have a very small room...and stuff right in front of my cab so that may be why it sounds a little boxy.

Thanks for listening guys.

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

Sounds good but perhaps just slightly distant and boxy? I've also got a E609. What kind of setup did you use, what mic preamp and what kind of mic positioning?

I used the mic preamp built into my Digitech GNX 3000...flat no pre/post EQ. This is USB connected into my PC and I used the Pro Tracks Plus that came with the GNX 3K.

As far as mic placement...it is about 1/2 an inch from the grill, pointing between the center of the cone and the outer rim of the speaker.

Archived