Bass VST, or something like it...hard to explain

Syyle

• Members

Hey all, I am trying to find a VST to use to thicken up the low end in my mixes. I'm kind of new to this (samplers, VSTs, inserts, etc), so I am not sure if I am asking the right questions.

I am looking for something that is fairly transparent (not a lot of noise or harshness to it). I would most likely just layer this effect under an already existing recorded bass line. Basically, I just want to double any bass lines with this newer effect.

Sorry if none of that makes sense :confused: I can hear what I want, but not sure how to achieve it...

• Members

depends on what you are trying to achieve, but a multi-band compressor can help bass out too. rather than just EQ or EXCITING the bass line, try "bringing it out" with a compressor. You might still need to BOOM it up a little but try different ways to learn the various things that can be done beyond EQ/EXCITE.

Try Loudmax on a bass track. Super easy: drop the threshhold to -20 and drop the output to -6 or so

http://loudmax.blogspot.com/

LM_Screenshot.png

Also, if bass isn't coming through, try CUTTING the bass and raising everything else - yeah won't be as DEEP but comes out more giving the PERCEPTION of deeper bass

Archived