New SPAM idea. Give me your opinion please.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I`ve got some stuff I want to SPAM off, but it`s a mixture of different things and I don`t want to ship seperately. I put it up as a package deal for a great price, but most players only wanted one or two things and not the whole package. Too much money for the whole package just to get one or two items.

So I thought of this idea. What about a SPAM raffle? I put the whole package up as a raffle prize and sell tickets for $10.00 each, for a couple of months. Then pick a winner at random and that player gets the whole package for their $10.00 investment. I don`t know any of you guys personally so it would be a totally fair drawing.

What do you guys think? I wanted $300.00 for the whole package, but the actual worth is almost $500.00. A $10.00 ticket would be a sweet chance for a bunch of cool stuff. Even if you didn`t use it all, you could re-sale one piece and make your money back by far.

All it would take is thirty ticket buyers for me to make my money and that would be great odds for anyone who buys a ticket. Let me know what you guys think.

Eric

• Members

ill take a couple, dont really have to say how many tics you need to sell, thats your biz, its no different than a HARLEY RAFFEL,or the NEW HOUSE RAFFELS! i like it!!!!! remember to sell a little extra to COVER YOU EXPENSES!! ,lumpy -ohio...

• Members

Im guessing the MODs would frown on this and it would probably get out of control. If I had to buy raffle tickets for a chance at anything I wanted to buy I would just stop buying from forumites altogether. This was tried on TGP and it was shot down almost immediately.

• Members

Originally posted by lumpy555

ill take a couple, dont really have to say how many tics you need to sell, thats your biz, its no different than a HARLEY RAFFEL,or the NEW HOUSE RAFFELS! i like it!!!!! remember to sell a little extra to COVER YOU EXPENSES!! ,lumpy -ohio...

Thanks lumpy. I`ll be sure to put you in for a couple if I end up doing it. I want to see if enough people are going to be interested. I`ll PM you if I go ahead with it.

For anyone else that might be interested. This is what is included in the package. Every thing is in mint/like new condition, guarenteed.

(1) Epiphone Valve Jr. head- In origional packaging with paperwork.

(1) Nady UHF-10, uhf wireless system- True diversity, entry level UHF wireless system. Also in origional packaging with paperwork.

(1) Digitech X-series Digiverb pedal, origional

(1) Digitech X-series Multi-Chorus pedal

(1) Boss NS-2 noise reduction/gate pedal

Everything is in perfect working order with absolutely no issues at all. Anyone interested is welcome to PM me or post on this thread.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Im guessing the MODs would frown on this and it would probably get out of control. If I had to buy raffle tickets for a chance at anything I wanted to buy I would just stop buying from forumites altogether. This was tried on TGP and it was shot down almost immediately.

Oh, I didn`t know that. Seems like it would be simple, but I don`t want to do something that would turn into a big ass mess.

Thanks,

Eric

• Members

ERIC EVERY YEAR IN TOLEDO THE MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION DOES THE RAFFEL THING SO A NORMAL FAMILY INCOME-WISE HAS A SHOT AT A 250.00 HOME, AND A LITTLE LEFT0OVER GOES TO THE CHARITY. NOW I THINK WHAT YOU WANNA DO IS PERFECT FOR A WORKIN FATHER OF 3,WHO DOESNT HAVE THE 300.00 CASH TO BUY THE PACKAGE, I COMMEND YOU TO STEP UP AND OFFER THIS! HELL, PEOPLE SPEND 50-100 DOLLARS A WEEK ON POT, THIS IS SIMPLE MATH,10.00 TIC= CHANCE FOR GEAR,SO A BROKE GUY LIKE ME FEELS LIKE I GOT A SHOT, AGAIN I COMMEND YOU, ILL TAKE TWO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! LUMPY-TOLEDO. P.S. WHATS NOT TO GO WRONG? PEOPLE BUY,SELL,TRADE ALL THE TIME ON THI FORUM....

=

• Members

I think as long as the person doing the Raffle is of impeccable reputation (and you are in my book), this would work great.

Sort of like a version of my free to a good home threads, btu you get the cash you need out of the deal while passing along a nice prize to the winner.

Limiting it to what you need is also a very cool thing if you do go that route.

I don't know about any rules it may be against around here though:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by mctallica1

I think as long as the person doing the Raffle is of impeccable reputation (and you are in my book), this would work great.

Sort of like a version of my free to a good home threads, btu you get the cash you need out of the deal while passing along a nice prize to the winner.

Limiting it to what you need is also a very cool thing if you do go that route.

I don't know about any rules it may be against around here though:rolleyes:

Yeah, I don`t want to get greedy. I just want to buy a new guitar and it`s not expensive. I would actually like to keep the number of participants down so everyone would have a better chance to win.

Eric

• Members

Just for reference, here were a few questions put forth in other instances:

How do we know the winner was chosen and got the stuff?
How do we know this isn't just a ploy to get $500 for $100 worth of stuff?
How do we know the whole deal isn't biased so a friend wins?
Who decides who wins?

• Members

I trust you doing this, but I think it could lead to some scams pretty easily. Somebody has two monikers and then claims so and so won and keeps the cash. His other moniker gets on and says he's got the goods. STuff like that. I don't like the idea.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Brady

I trust you doing this, but I think it could lead to some scams pretty easily. Somebody has two monikers and then claims so and so won and keeps the cash. His other moniker gets on and says he's got the goods. STuff like that. I don't like the idea.

Unfortunately I can see that happening. Not with you of course, but there are a few people on the boards I wouldn't put it passed.

• Members

OH COME ON!! its a raffel, wheres the trust, just look at the deals the guy has done here. btw, i had a mint ltd mh-400 i let go for 395.00 insane? no i just felt that sometimes ya got to give a guy a break, it may come back your way!! that axe at mf is sellin 649.00,and i still had forumites commenting of the cheapo price,kinda like your doin to eric. i evan had people chime in here and tell others of my past deals that went smoothley, long story short, eric is VERY TRUSTABLE,i think his TRACK RECORD speaks for itself!!!!!!!!! i am just being fair, and also i understand your SIDE as well, guess it pays to be care-ful, have a GREAT DAY! P E A C E .....

• Members

Originally posted by lumpy555

OH COME ON!! its a raffel, wheres the trust, just look at the deals the guy has done here. btw, i had a mint ltd mh-400 i let go for 395.00 insane? no i just felt that sometimes ya got to give a guy a break, it may come back your way!! that axe at mf is sellin 649.00,and i still had forumites commenting of the cheapo price,kinda like your doin to eric. i evan had people chime in here and tell others of my past deals that went smoothley, long story short, eric is VERY TRUSTABLE,i think his TRACK RECORD speaks for itself!!!!!!!!! i am just being fair, and also i understand your SIDE as well, guess it pays to be care-ful, have a GREAT DAY! P E A C E .....

I know he does great deals and would trust him in a heartbeat. But you can't go through life trusting every single person, you know? I can see this going sour when someone else does it.

• Members

I'd trust eric in a heart beat.

That's not the issue. I can see it starting up with a whole other bunch of folks. People could get suckered and not even know it. On the internet you have to much anonymity for something like this to work. It needs to be send money and get goods. I think it opens up a can of worms and with a raffle you could never prove you got scammed.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Just for reference, here were a few questions put forth in other instances:

How do we know the winner was chosen and got the stuff?

How do we know this isn't just a ploy to get $500 for $100 worth of stuff?

How do we know the whole deal isn't biased so a friend wins?

Who decides who wins?

I don`t know how I would convince anyone that this is on the up and up over the net. I can only say this. I put myself forward as a Christian man on this forum. I`m not perfect, but I am honest. I know this may not mean much to some forumites but I take it very seriously.

If I say it, you can believe it 100%. I work hard for a living and would never misrepresent anything or rip anyone off in any way. In fact I always include more in a deal than what I offer. I treat other people the way I would want to be treated.

I will give more details so everyone will know what I want to do. I want to buy a good "cheap" 7-string guitar. I decided to buy an Ibanez RG7321. They go for about $379.99 at most of the mail order places. I would only sell enough tickets to cover the cost of the guitar and the shipping on the prize. I have no interest in making a mint off of this. I would limit the number of tickets to cover only what I wanted to do. That would keep things simple and would make the odds of winning much better for those who participate.

I would put everyone into a pot and have one of my kids draw a name. That`s who would win. Simple enough. I do not know anyone on this board outside of the forum. I don`t hang with anyone as no one lives close to me. I can and will provide pics of the prizes and the winner can confirm by pics also.

Eric

• Members

Eric is one I would trust to do something like this in a heartbeat.

If someone else tries it, your mileage might very well vary, but with Eric, unless I am a totally horrible judge of character, is as trustworthy as they come.

Gary

• Members

I appreciate the kind words guys.

How about this.

* I set a limit of 50 tickets for the drawing @ $10.00 each.

* Each participant is allowed to purchase two tickets only to keep it fair.

* I post/record everyone who is in the drawing so all forumites will know who is participating and how many tickets they bought.

* Pics of all the prizes will be posted before any tickets are sold.

And of course anyone interested is welcome to contact any of the players with whom I have done business. Check my references.

Honestly, I think a 2 in 50 chance at the prize is worth the price of a couple of tickets. Even if you only buy one, you would still have a great chance to win. It wouldn`t be like a big manufacturers contest with thousands of entries.

As I said above. Anyone who is interested can contact me by PM or this thread. I will check it tomorrow and will try to keep my PM box cleaned out. I will write down everyone who is interested so you will have a guarenteed chance at a ticket. Since there will only be 50 spots open. Also feel free to spread word around. The faster I sell 50 tickets, the faster the winner gets the prize and the faster I get my new guitar. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks,

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I don`t know how I would convince anyone that this is on the up and up over the net. I can only say this. I put myself forward as a Christian man on this forum. I`m not perfect, but I am honest. I know this may not mean much to some forumites but I take it very seriously.

If I say it, you can believe it 100%. I work hard for a living and would never misrepresent anything or rip anyone off in any way. In fact I always include more in a deal than what I offer. I treat other people the way I would want to be treated.

I will give more details so everyone will know what I want to do. I want to buy a good "cheap" 7-string guitar. I decided to buy an Ibanez RG7321. They go for about $379.99 at most of the mail order places. I would only sell enough tickets to cover the cost of the guitar and the shipping on the prize. I have no interest in making a mint off of this. I would limit the number of tickets to cover only what I wanted to do. That would keep things simple and would make the odds of winning much better for those who participate.

I would put everyone into a pot and have one of my kids draw a name. That`s who would win. Simple enough. I do not know anyone on this board outside of the forum. I don`t hang with anyone as no one lives close to me. I can and will provide pics of the prizes and the winner can confirm by pics also.

Eric

Good luck!

• Members

Anyone interested can contact me via PM or on this thread. If you want to buy a ticket(s) let me know how many.

Remember it will be a limit of two tickets per person to keep things fair. I will record everyone`s name and their # of tickets till we have the 50 tickets sold. I will then contact each person and let them know where to send the payment for their tickets. As I receive payments each persons name will go into a bowl. After all payments for tickets have been received and cleared we will have the drawing.

I am perfectly willing to videotape the drawing and will include a copy on DVD to the winner who can post it if he wants.

So get the word out to all your forum buddies who might be interested. Let`s make this a positive thing for us all.

Thanks,

Eric

Archived