Is it true that Marshall DSL50s have no diode clipping at all?

Burstbucker

• Members

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard that the Marshall DSL50 amps have no diode clipping at all, just 100% tube crunch. It might be a different story with the TSL line though.

I believe they do have diodes. Someone posted a gut shot, and pointed them out. I could be wrong.

What's the difference? The older JCM800 2205/2210's did, and are the finest sounding Marshalls I've heard.

• Members

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard that the Marshall DSL50 amps have no diode clipping at all, just 100% tube crunch. It might be a different story with the TSL line though.

no diode clipping in any of the JCM2000 amps(DSL and TSL).

• Members

I believe they do have diodes. Someone posted a gut shot, and pointed them out. I could be wrong.

What's the difference? The older JCM800 2205/2210's did, and are the finest sounding Marshalls I've heard.

no, if there are diodes in the amp they are for the switching circuit, they are not in the signal path.

• Members

That was me, I posted gut shots of a TSL actually and I pointed out it had a lot of diodes (I think 8 total plus the rectifier bridge).

Apparently they are not in the signal path.

• Members

That was me, I posted gut shots of a TSL actually and I pointed out it had a lot of diodes (I think 8 total plus the rectifier bridge).

Apparently they are not in the signal path.

correct. There are sonme in the switching circuit and probably the rectifier, but none in the signal path.

Archived