Got some money, what Analog synth to get? Not too big, not crazy $$$ ?!?

Faldoe

• Members

Oh I didn't notice that *this* particular Ion has sticky key(s). I thought it was questioned whether this was a common problem with the Ion in general, which AFAIK it is not. I would avoid the Ion if the keys stick unless you are a real do-it-yourself person. That is just me though. If a key really does stick then the synth is worth less than $400 as they sell for $400 to $465 used on Ebay *including shipping*, with the lower number for a synth in full working condition with no box and manual. So for local pickup of a synth with a fault that needs attention, I would definitely offer and expect to pay less.

• Members

I have a 106 a few years ago I got for $300, are prices going up on them or is it just the Bay Area people try and change more for stuff?

Prices are actually going up everywhere, especially on poly analogs. Even DX7s have tripled in price. A friend of mine got his for less than a hundred bucks ten years ago, now they go for about $300 on eBay. All things vintage have been in chic for awhile now and I've been seeing loads of musicians bringing them on stage, so grab them while you can before they are all trashed to hell. Fifteen years from now, they will probably return to their original selling price on eBay, but catch on fire the moment you plug it in.

• Members

idk, 300 sounds like a good price. There was one on SF CL missing slider caps for 350 recently. SF and NY seem to be more expensive but they've been going for $500 for like forever there it seems. There are always some crazy ppl on CL charging too much for stuff but mostly it's pretty reasonable.

Archived