Anybody else a podcast addict?

rememberduane

• Members

Right now I have the following:

A course on "Crisis Literature" from Berkeley, and a course on The Historical Jesus from Berkeley -- full course lectures.

A lecture series on the Byzantine Empire.

Indiefeed Blues, Electronica, and Hip Hop.

University of Chicago Human Rights Program Distinguished Lecture Series.

The World Beyond the Headlines Series from University of Chicago.

"Alive in Baghdad" -- which I REALLY recommend.

Stones Throw Records podcast.

A few Nat'l Geographic short vid podcasts.

Puck Podcast -- hockey news.

NPR: Foreign Dispatch.

BBC Daily News

And more...

• Members

Have never really listened to one, but it reminded me of a maddox article:

"Podcast: Someone had the revolutionary idea of taking a compressed audio file and putting it online. Yeah, doesn't sound so sexy when I describe it for what it is, does it you morons? It would have been a great idea if streaming audio wasn't already around for over a decade before the word "podcast" entered the lexicon. Man, I can't stand the word "lexicon." Talking about all these {censored}ty words has made me start using {censored}ty words. I'm so pissed, I just slammed the door shut on some kid's nuts.

Podcasting: It's snob for "streaming audio."

Podcatcher: Any idiot with an iPod, web browser, or ears. "

Not trying to say that's you though lol :p

• Members

downloadable audio with self-updating subscriptions, seamless integration into organized playlists/catalogues, separate automatic settings (such as resume play) from other audio files, episode info features, etc. etc. etc.

sure, audio (streaming and otherwise) has been around about as long as the internet, but now it's not a huge pain in the ass to find, acquire, and organize it in an easily-managed format.

maddox is the "larry the cable guy" of the internet. he's kinda funny for a couple seconds, until you actually think about it.

• Members

downloadable audio with self-updating subscriptions, seamless integration into organized playlists/catalogues, separate automatic settings (such as resume play) from other audio files, episode info features, etc. etc. etc.

sure, audio (streaming and otherwise) has been around about as long as the internet, but now it's not a huge pain in the ass to find, acquire, and organize it in an easily-managed format.

maddox is the "larry the cable guy" of the internet. he's kinda funny for a couple seconds, until you actually think about it.

:thu:

Archived