25 key piano/synth? help/recommendations?

• Members

I'm looking for a small sized keyboard (25/49 keys, full sized keys) that has realistic piano sounds, with the option for added synth sounds...

So far I've only come up with getting a MIDI controller, and running a piano/synth module.

Any recommendations for a good module? This is going to be part of my live rig, so I'd rather not use my laptop.

Or are there any small synths (like Alesis Micron) that also feature good piano sounds?

I play in a reggae band, and want to use this for my main piano 'chop' as well as occasional synth leads, pads, space sounds... while doubling on my nord electro for organ, clav, etc etc.

Thanks a bunch

• Members

Basically, a 25-key synth/controller is pretty useless if you want to play "realistic piano sounds." What's your budget?

Well I use a Nord Electro 3 73 as my main board, so that covers my "realistic piano sounds" when I need plenty of octaves. Otherwise, reggae keyboards tend to play a rhythmic role- I typically "bubble" with my left on the organ, and a chop on the piano. The chop really only needs one or two octaves, thus me asking about a 25 key board. Right now my rig is made up of the nord electro 3 and a roland vk-7. I don't need two hammond clones in the rig, and I'd like to cut down on space if possible.

Thanks for the input, looks like the micro-x might just meet my needs.

Archived