Which computer speakers/monitors to buy?

circlejerk

• Members

My speakers have bit the dust so its time to shop for something new. I've been hesitant to go the monitor route in the past because I don't do alot of mixing. I probably listen to more music than I do mixing so I really can't justify getting a nice pair of monitors right now. I've been eyeing the Klipsch line for a while now for computer speakers. Any suggestions?

• Members

That looks nice but quite spendy. The amplifier section looks like it could be very useful. You should take a look at this, they are THX certified and have a larger subwoofer for extended lows.

I can tell you it sounds pretty darn good.

Cole

Previously they were called the 680 model, I have this set, and they do sound great........no buyer remorse here.

But I wonder if montiers are better for recording purposes.....

• Members

If you listen to a lot of music, why not get monitors, or something in stereo.
It could just be me, but listening to music (most of which is in stereo) on a surround system never seemed quite right.
I like a decent couple of speakers for music listening purposes, rather than a bunch of those tiny things all around me, each doing their own thing.
You may like it, but still you should first decide on the surround vs. stereo thing IMO...

• Members

If you listen to a lot of music, why not get monitors, or something in stereo.

It could just be me, but listening to music (most of which is in stereo) on a surround system never seemed quite right.

I like a decent couple of speakers for music listening purposes, rather than a bunch of those tiny things all around me, each doing their own thing.

You may like it, but still you should first decide on the surround vs. stereo thing IMO...

I agree. When I went to buy a pair of hifi speakers, a sub and amp the store owner asked me why I didn't want a 5.1 system. I told him that I felt I'd get better value for my money by getting a good stereo rig. He totally agreed.

Archived