Jaxed search site

KingVidiot

• Members

In case you all didn't know, Jaxed was served a "cease and desist" notification from Craigslist to stop linking their items in the global search.

There's a similar thread here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2819530-Anybody-use-jaxed.com-to-find-gear&highlight=Jaxed

As a long time user this really sucks. I can see CL's point of view, but it sucks for users. There is no good way to do a global search in CL. Jaxed was great since it stored a history for eBay, CL, and kijiji. I hoped jaxed finds another way to search more sites cos' I'm lazy.

• Members

I noticed this a few days ago. In reaction I looked around and found other options for searching CL. I don't want to post aspecific solution since it will likely get blocked by CL also. But here are instructions so you can find your own solution.

Use a non-Google search engine (e.g. Bing) and search for "craigslist search engine". Several options will appear. Give them each a try by searching for items that you know will exist on CL. A couple of the search engines are 100% worthless. I got slightly different results with the 4 or 5 good ones that I found. I ended up sticking with two of them. I was able to use them to score a nice Yamaha RY-30 a couple of days ago for a very low price.

Archived