Can I use my Mesa preamp with a Blues deVille?

kevorkazito

• Members

I just got a Mesa recording preamp and I don't know if I can use it with my Fender Blues deVille (4x10", 65watt).

If I can, which outputs on the Mesa should I use. Now I'm plugging the recording outputs in the Edirol interface and I read that the 'live' outputs were for sending to a power amp.

Also, should I use it in the front end or the effects loop of the deVille.

This is all new to me and the salesperson didn't know.

By the way, this thing is the greatest guitar tone and I have 30+ years with playing all the majors (marshall, hiwatt, soldano, peavey, fender). Soon I will get a power amp and a 4x12 bottom to experience the full glory of the rectifier. My only regrets are that I waited years to get one and that I live in an apartment.

TIA,

Tobi

• Members

So how do the record outs sound on that preamp, have you tried it directly to a mixer or recording setup yet? I'm waiting on mine to come in from Mesa.

The tone is freakin' amazing. This tool has killed my productivity because I keep jamming with it. I was going to get it used and save like $500 but I'm glad I went the new route. The 5-year warranty is nice and these new preamp have another setting on channel-1. I think that it's the vintage setting. The other ones only have two settings.

The trueist test of the monster tone is than when I toggle my BBE maximizer on/off, there is barely any difference. With all my other amps, engaging the BBE sounded like taking a blanket off the speaker grille.

I got primarily for recording but I now envision using it as my signature sound. You're going to love it.

The surprising thing about it to me was that I had to set the input of the interface to the 'mic' setting to get it work. What's with that?

Tobi

Archived