Putin finally says something of value...

rememberduane

• Members

Discuss.

Putin is speaking out of both sides of his mouth, methinks.

While it is obvious that the United States has almost single handedly upset global power balance on a nearly unprecedented scale, it's interesting that the country that has openly supplied Iran with the material necessary for successful uranium enrichment and the weapons to deliver nuclear warheads, should Iran elect to build them, is now blasting the US for overstepping its bounds. I'm not sure that I agree that Iran should be sanctioned or prohibited from developing a nuclear program, especially one for energy, but I would say Putin is a bit out of line to say anything about Iran/UN relations.

• Members

Yeah, the title and content of this thread has as much weight as "Bush finally says something of value..." would have to most people.

Putin is a very, very scary man. If 9/11 had targeted Russia, it would have been a totally different war. Actually, a smart terrorist would do just that, because that would really upset things globally. Putin is so aggressive, we would end up on opposing sides... that would be a real cluster{censored}. Two wars, three parties. Two parties would have zero accountability to their "people". At least our leaders are transient and can be removed eventually and thwarted immediately.

• Members

Yeah, the title and content of this thread has as much weight as "Bush finally says something of value..." would have to most people.

Putin is a very, very scary man. If 9/11 had targeted Russia, it would have been a totally different war. Actually, a smart terrorist would do just that, because that would really upset things globally. Putin is so aggressive, we would end up on opposing sides... that would be a real cluster{censored}. Two wars, three parties. Two parties would have zero accountability to their "people". At least our leaders are transient and can be removed eventually and thwarted immediately.

A lot of people don't realize how volitile Russia really is. It's a constant struggle for power among absolutely ruthless people. The potential for major problems in Russia is way more likely than anything in Iraq ever was or would be. You have guys like Zhirinovsky and hundreds of others just like him. That, and something like 30 percent of the former USSR's arsenal is MISSING. They LOST it. We're talking long range nuclear missiles and other tactical nukes. State-run nuclear programs aren't nearly the threat that a fundementalist faction in possession of a warhead would pose.

• Members

A lot of people don't realize how volitile Russia really is.

Yeah, the only thing holding it together is brutality... the guy most brutal is Putin.

They also have a lot of weird {censored} going on with these fundamentalist purtanical kind of movements starting as a response to all the instability. Those movements tend to never go well.

A funny story: my friend works in advertising/video. One of his clients is a Vodka company. Well, you can't advertise alcohol on TV in Russia anymore (imagine that!!!). So, the vodka company opens a bank... and their ads have umm, very strange content for a financial institution.

Imagine if we had "Grey Goose Bank" commercials with people acting drunk, giving suggestive looks accross the room. A lot of americans would be upset when they tried to open an account and didn't get the kind of service in the commercials!

I should add though that the vodka in question is so far above and beyond anything avialable in the US, it's amazing. When a Russian tells you that you have never had real vodka, believe him, he knows what he's talking about.

• Members

Christ,.....how embarrassing, but kind of hilarious at the same time.

But remember, there are ignorant/mis-informed people in every country and walk of life.

Of course.

It wouldn't be funny if they put intelligent people on to answer his questions.

• Members

Putin is an evil man with an evil agenda. People need to read Ezekial 38 and 39. Where Persia, Gog, magog are going to attack Israel in the end times. Persia=Iran, and Gog and magog are Russia and it's leader and there are various allies that will follow suit. I find it a little too coincidental that for many years Russia and the arab nations were at odds. Now Putin is helping Iran's nuclear program and supplying them with weapons. Iran stating that they need nuclear power for energy sources is bogus. They are sitting on huge oil reserves, what do they need nuclear power for??? To make bombs!!!!Especially when the leader of Iran is boastfully stating that the world will soon be without the United States and Israel. I see that as a threat. How can you not?

• Members

Putin is an evil man with an evil agenda. People need to read Ezekial 38 and 39. Where Persia, Gog, magog are going to attack Israel in the end times. Persia=Iran, and Gog and magog are Russia and it's leader and there are various allies that will follow suit. I find it a little too coincidental that for many years Russia and the arab nations were at odds. Now Putin is helping Iran's nuclear program and supplying them with weapons. Iran stating that they need nuclear power for energy sources is bogus. They are sitting on huge oil reserves, what do they need nuclear power for??? To make bombs!!!!Especially when the leader of Iran is boastfully stating that the world will soon be without the United States and Israel. I see that as a threat. How can you not?

You need some help brother.

• Members

While it is obvious that the United States has almost single handedly upset global power balance on a nearly unprecedented scale, it's interesting that the country that has openly supplied Iran with the material necessary for successful uranium enrichment and the weapons to deliver nuclear warheads, should Iran elect to build them, is now blasting the US for overstepping its bounds. I'm not sure that I agree that Iran should be sanctioned or prohibited from developing a nuclear program, especially one for energy, but I would say Putin is a bit out of line to say anything about Iran/UN relations.

Technically, Iran has every right to seek nuclear power -- especially since Ahmadenijad has squandered their oil industry and economy to the point that they actually NEED it because people don't have power.

Part of the NPT is that in exchange for nations not proliferating nuclear weapons, we help them produce domestic nuclear power.

Russia was upholding that end of the treaty, which I think is irresponsible, but no moreso than Clinton giving NK nuclear energy in the 90's. Putin is far, far worse than this fiasco.

The point I'm making here, and it seems most have missed it, is that Putin is VERY, deadly accurate with what he said here. The recent US administration and policy is the main cause behind the world arms race that is occurring now. We have shown that international law does not apply, and in their fear, governments at odds with the US are going to seek nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

• Members

Vladimir Putin has no room to talk. His country has screwed things up around the world for the last 100 years. Stalin killed so many of his own people that I don't even think they have a good ballpark figure. Then they spread communism through Europe, screwed up Afghanistan, almost started Nuclear war with the Cuban missile crisis, etc.

Russia had "under the table" deals with Iraq and Iran and that is why he is upset. He knows that the further we dig, the more his name will be stamped on alot of the weapons deals, etc. we find in the middle east.

• Members

The recent US administration and policy is the main cause behind the world arms race that is occurring now. We have shown that international law does not apply, and in their fear, governments at odds with the US are going to seek nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

I wouldn't even put the term 'recent' on it. US policy has created instability for decades. Iran-Contra, anyone? It's an extreme hypocracy and the ultimate condescension for the nation with the largest arsenal of nuclear weapons and the only nation to ever use them to tell anyone anywhere that we're the only ones 'responsible' enough to have them. It's a lose-lose situation, I'm afraid.

• Members
Yes, I need help because I don't believe in Biblical prophesies and feel the need to spew them out into legitimate conversations regarding the real world. Okay.
:freak:

Ah, but here's that perception thing again. People who believe in the Bible believe that it is entirely relevant in 'real world' conversations, and that's OK. It's in what you believe to be true.

• Members

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

Archived