Tell me about the Laney TT100H

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

First of all, I`m not looking to get rid of my 5150 II. I`m not really in the market for an amp at all, but there is a slight chance that I may buy another 1/2 stack this year. Since I already have the 6L6 powered 5150 II, I think I may get an EL34 powered amp next.

I saw a small add for this amp in the Guitar World Product Profile so I thought I would check it out. I assume this is Laney`s top of the line channel switcher. There`s not much info on their website other than basic specs. Not even any close up pics of the control panel or back layout.

What can you guys tell me about this amp? I`m looking for a nice saturated, high gain EL34 tone that will match well with my 5150 II.

What`s the street price on this model? Where is a good place to buy Laneys in the US?

Thanks,

Eric

• Members

I've only played one at a store, but it was enough to make me think it sucked. I wouldn't consider it high gain, as once you get past a certain point, it just sounded like ass to me.

Howver, I loved the Tony Iommi sig amp (TI100H or something). Not as much gain as a 5150, but enough, and it sounded sweet with EMG's.

Archived