Loss of volume on tube amp

bengerm77

• Members

Hey,

I think I have a problem.

Today during practice, my amps volume went down slightly.

It was not a very noticable difference, but there was an overall volume drop none-the-less. This has happened once or twice before, and only after practicing for about an hour. I'm concerned that this may have something to do with the power tubes, but I'm a Nub, and know very little about my amp's innerworkings. Also, it's a Peavey ultra 120.

Pleez help.

• Members

1. clean your FX loop with contact cleaner

if that doesn't work:

2. check preamp tubes

+1 on the preamp tubes.

My Rivera has blown out a preamp tube a few times and it causes one of my channels to be whisper quiet while the other is regular volume. Definitely try some newer preamp tubes if you have the chance and see if that takes care of the problem.

• Members

Hey,

I think I have a problem.

Today during practice, my amps volume went down slightly.

It was not a very noticable difference, but there was an overall volume drop none-the-less. This has happened once or twice before, and only after practicing for about an hour. I'm concerned that this may have something to do with the power tubes, but I'm a Nub, and know very little about my amp's innerworkings. Also, it's a Peavey ultra 120.

Pleez help.

etheir preamps or power section, but like meaationed above, a dirty fx loop will do it too

Archived