Retubed my Laney GH50l yesterday and got my ESP explorer

maiden_fan

• Members

Put harma 6L6's in and jj pre's. It sounds {censored}ing huge now! im boosting it with a smart people factory ego booster and a maxon for solos and the high gain chunk is so thick, its just :eek: .

Im definately a 6L6 convert, i generally play stuff like megadeth and maiden obviously in my time, and the el34 worked well for that, but the music im wrting now required a thicker, tighter tone with a bigger low end, it fits my thrash with a groove style well.

My new guitar came on Saturday aswell an Edwards ex 105ce (the natural one) with dual EMG 81's it plays awesome, quite alot thinner neck than i was expecting which i dig, and the pickups arent bad, but i will be putting some APC pickups in it, as i was so impressed by them in my strat (review coming tomorrow).

thanks to everyone for their help in picking tubes and what not

• Members

I retubed my VH100R when I got it....yanked out the Tung Sol 5881s (not great for hi-gainers) and put in Ruby el34s and Tung sol in V1, then Chinese 9th gen in the rest.....the thing sounds massive now. I'll post some clips soon...

Please do. I'm thinking about switching to El34's in my GH100L.

• Members

mines a cheapy

you attach the GT unit in the power tube socket and take the plate voltage and use it with the bias calculator on webers site to find the bias for the power tube. the bias adjuster is labelled under the amp.

you need to remove the headshell which is easy.

Archived