Who do you guys use for shipping?

ChristianRock

• Members

I am in the ceramic tile business for over 30 years. Tile is very fragile, and very heavy, so you have to pack well. You should pack a box so it can fall from your hands at about tittie level. Biggest problem with most packing is that people put like 1/2 inch on the bottom, put the item in , then put like 4 inches of stuff on top. Duhhh....

Don't do that! WTF? Center the package in the packing in all directions and your chance of success is greatly increased, whether a box of tile or a keyboard amp!

I have found equal success from Fed Ex and UPS. For more involved shipments, like into Canada, special instructions, etc. I use UPS.

BTW, the biggest problems the delivery men have are NO NUMBERS on front of a house, locked gates, etc.

Make it easier for them if you can.

Also, I never use USPS; it is a disaster for speed of delivery and for damages; much worse than the big 2.

Paul

PS: Don't pay too much attention to these videos; at least the UPS and Fed Ex trucks showed up, not like the post office.

• Members

I've had one keyboard that arrived dead by UPS... I had a guitar amp arrive from UPS with the side of the case cracked and buckled, like someone big stood on the amp... never had issues with USPS or FedEx. One seller told me to ship FedEx if you wanted it to arrive undamaged from his experience.

Archived