LOL dumbest rig ive ever seen last night

xbryanx

• Members
Wow man, a whole year? HEAVILY?? I am so sorry for everything I said to you, you're so absolutely right.. I mean, if you could figure all this out in a year in what I couldn't figure out in 12 years of being heavily involved with the hardcore scene.. Goddamnit I am just living the wrong life.. Thanks for opening my eyes.
:love:

Heavily involved being nonstop touring around europe and the UK with big name acts, I was rarely at home. I gave up when I relised the pure patheticness of the scene, the musics great but I got fed up of straight edge kids beating people up cos it was cool. Who have you toured with then? how heavily involved have you been? Im guessing BrUtAl HoUse ShOws which is as far as 99.99% of hardcore bands get.

Lets be honest....West Coast hardcore is a bunch of pathetic wank....East Coast is where its all at.

Of all the scene's, straight edge is the one full of the most cuntish people. You seem to have proved my point, and im sure you will continue too in your response to this.

Thank you.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay man, you make some good points. But let me ask you something in all seriousness...

If what you're doing is *only* for your own good and you don't care about what anyone else thinks about your decisions, why do you need to make the point to calling yourself straight edge so that other people know about your decisions?

I mean, you can simply choose to not do drugs or have sex and then those things simply won't be a part of your life. Instead though, you choose to label yourself as "straight edge." You call yourself straight edge so that other people will know that's what you are. It's almost as if just abstaining by itself isn't good enough, so you have to advertise it by calling giving it a name them calling yourself that. This is what makes me think straight edge is just as much if not more about image than anything else.

It really is hard to explain.. For me it's not an image at all. I don't advertise that I'm Straight Edge anywhere. It's something I've been for a long time and that means a lot to me. Sure, there's people that say they're straight edge for a month, then get it tattooed on them, put x's all over the place, do all these stupid ass things you all have imaged in your heads. Truth is I probably think they're just as stupid as any of you do.. I was never like that, none of my friends were ever like that.. It's a stereotype that the "bad apples" of the bunch give off.. Eh now I'm just rambling..

• Members

It really is hard to explain.. For me it's not an image at all. I don't advertise that I'm Straight Edge anywhere. It's something I've been for a long time and that means a lot to me. Sure, there's people that say they're straight edge for a month, then get it tattooed on them, put x's all over the place, do all these stupid ass things you all have imaged in your heads. Truth is I probably think they're just as stupid as any of you do.. I was never like that, none of my friends were ever like that.. It's a stereotype that the "bad apples" of the bunch give off.. Eh now I'm just rambling..

As I said in my previous post, in that case you seem like one of the real people that arent so much straight edge but clean living, which, again as I said previously, is a good thing.

All ive been saying is that the term straight edge is a label that people give themselves to identify themselves to a certain group of other people, who do follow scene ideals and patterns, which I dont support or like.

• Members

Heavily involved being nonstop touring around europe and the UK with big name acts, I was rarely at home. I gave up when I relised the pure patheticness of the scene, the musics great but I got fed up of straight edge kids beating people up cos it was cool. Who have you toured with then? how heavily involved have you been? Im guessing BrUtAl HoUse ShOws which is as far as 99.99% of hardcore bands get.

Lets be honest....West Coast hardcore is a bunch of pathetic wank....East Coast is where its all at.

Of all the scene's, straight edge is the one full of the most cuntish people. You seem to have proved my point, and im sure you will continue too in your response to this.

Thank you.

hahah Oh cool is this going to turn into a battle of cred now?? I've toured most of the last 6 years in/with many, many different bands across the U.S. and Canada.. Does it matter with who? {censored} no. So you toured heavily for a couple months? Big {censored}in deal man, I'm really proud of you, you went for it man! I've never enjoyed violence at shows in general, regardless if it was straight edge kids or not. Are you saying you'd enjoy a fight at shows, as long as it wasn't straight edge kids? Because guess what, THEY AREN'T THE ONLY ONES WHO START FIGHTS. There's another generalization you made, once again, very ignorantly..

• Members
hahah Oh cool is this going to turn into a battle of cred now?? I've toured most of the last 6 years in/with many, many different bands across the U.S. and Canada.. Does it matter with who? {censored} no. So you toured heavily for a couple months? Big {censored}in deal man, I'm really proud of you, you went for it man! I've never enjoyed violence at shows in general, regardless if it was straight edge kids or not. Are you saying you'd enjoy a fight at shows, as long as it wasn't straight edge kids? Because guess what, THEY AREN'T THE ONLY ONES WHO START FIGHTS. There's another generalization you made, once again, very ignorantly..

:blah:

I tried to make peace twice, you proved yourself an asshole, I cant be bothered :)

• Members

everytime i think were about to get some peace and resolution in this thread, i quickly reminded of x666x's {censored}head personality... thanks for that word btw... i couldnt have thought of a better one...

I thought you said you went to church?

How's that non-judging mindset doing for you?

• Members

The guy tries to make peace and you continue to argue. Wow, take your own advice and eat some {censored}.

• Members

read the whole thread... then explain to me how im being judgemental by quoting his {censored}head comment... im not backpedaling, but perhaps you should... ive done nothing except voice my opinion against people who live a certain way as part of a trend instead of owning their own opinions...

• Members

LOL

As idiotic as the xstraightedgex name is, arguing about it is even worse.

It`s the same as any scene. 90% of the people involved are idiots who move from one fad to another in order to fit in. The other 10% are genuine in their motives but suffer from the stereotyping brought on by the other 90%.

Same as the white shoelace in the black jump boots militant skinhead look in the 80`s. Also 90% idiots and look what happened to them.

Don`t even get me started on the glam metal wannabes of the late 80`s and early 90`s. My God what a bunch of morons.

It`s all scenes and will ebb and flow for a while and then die out as the next trend comes in. The "20 years" (please) of straightedge crap seems like a very short time to me. But of course I was around long before it existed.

Eric

Archived