My 1981 Marshall JCM 800 2203 head, Pictures of Everything

c2dzmm

• Members

This is a 1981 Marshall JCM 800 2203 100 watt head. I have had the head for a couple years now. I am not sure who Jackal M'Virus is or what he did to the amp in 1992. I have had a tube effect loop installed by Lee Jackson since I have owned it. He also added some of the yellow caps. The bright cap was also cut. The pre-amp tubes are 12ax7 RFTs except for the effect loop which is a EH. The power tubes are Electro-Harmonics EL34s. I am soon to change them for some EL34 RFTs. What do you guys think about the effect loop mod and the yellow caps that he installed? Look Good? Does anybody know who the guy is who looked at the head in 92? I would like your opinions on my amp--good and bad.

Appreciate it guys

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

• Members

The extra tube is for the effects loop because it is tube driven. The amp sounds great in my opinion. The effects loop did not seem to have any effect on tone. Lee Jackson told me that he made some modifications to give the presence control more response. This is the biggest difference I noticed when I got the amp back as far as tone. Before, I could here little difference when I turned the presence knob say 1/4 of a turn. However, now I can here a huge difference. I had a hard time at first adding an extra tube and drilling 2 holes on the back for input and return of the effects loop. I just decided that I bought this amp to play; not to sit around and look "all original" I am happy with the way the loop works. I use it everytime I play and have never had any problems with it.

• Members

it looks like this amp left the factory without somebody inspecting the back panel.. what kind of shop is jim marshall running? :lol:

im kidding. those are nice detail pics. and that is a bad ass 800. I really want one.. and will have one someday.

Archived