Boss DS-1

Shredison

• Members

..getting back on subject, i sometimes use a DS1 for a clean boost. it doesn't tighten it up as much as a standard OD pedal; it is a little looser, with a more soft, liquidy feel, and adds some sizzle to the high end. that being said, a lot of people bash the DS1. yes, there are some horrible tones out of that thing, but put the gain around 3:00 oclock and the tone between 9:00 and 10:00 oclock and it sounds surprisingly marshally. boss should fix this and make the whole unit centered around that sound, with not as much deviance from the mean. i ran it through my buddy's silverface deluxe reverb, and it sounded great!

• Members

..getting back on subject, i sometimes use a DS1 for a clean boost. it doesn't tighten it up as much as a standard OD pedal; it is a little looser, with a more soft, liquidy feel, and adds some sizzle to the high end. that being said, a lot of people bash the DS1. yes, there are some horrible tones out of that thing, but put the gain around 3:00 oclock and the tone between 9:00 and 10:00 oclock and it sounds surprisingly marshally. boss should fix this and make the whole unit centered around that sound, with not as much deviance from the mean. i ran it through my buddy's silverface deluxe reverb, and it sounded great!

Yeah im trying it through a triple rec. I used to have a tubescreamer but that got jacked so im trying to use something that can somewhat get me a similar sound.

• Members
now how is he going to learn to do things for himself??? I don't want him living in our basement when he's 40. you undermine all I try to teach him!!

:p

Shred, D4, D5, c12, etc are locations of components on the board. Pop open your DS1 and locate those components, then clip then out

Archived