Current OB-8 Value

loxley11

• Members

i bought a pair for $1500 total. kept one, sold the other on eBay for about $2k two years ago.

i'd say $1800 is a fair price, anything more and you're paying eBay prices (read: too much). it seems like these were selling for about $800 just a few years ago.

• Members

i bought a pair for $1500 total. kept one, sold the other on eBay for about $2k two years ago.

i'd say $1800 is a fair price, anything more and you're paying eBay prices (read: too much). it seems like these were selling for about $800 just a few years ago.

I think they're worth quite a bit more than 1800.

At that price, I'd pick them up all day long.

• Members

I think they're worth quite a bit more than 1800.

At that price, I'd pick them up all day long.

where do you live? you could pick them up for $1800 all day long if you wanted to. they routinely pop up on craigslist for ~$2000 and most of those sellers would be happy to take $1800 cash for a same-day sale.

• Members

where do you live? you could pick them up for $1800 all day long if you wanted to. they routinely pop up on craigslist for ~$2000 and most of those sellers would be happy to take $1800 cash for a same-day sale.

Kingston, Ontario.

For $1800 I would snag one in a second!

• Members

Funny thing, Craigslist.

People say it's a great place for used synths but that really depends on where you live. Around here you'll normally find little more than a few Yamaha PSR's and maybe a Korg X50 (or something similar) listed. Plenty of guitars, drums, and basses of course. :rolleyes:

I don't even check anymore.

• Members

the bay area has a great one (it started here)... i've plucked a bunch of stunning old dinosaurs up for cheap over the years. i've also bought and had shipped stuff from other states' craigslists, don't forget that it's possible.

True, I just prefer to try out an "old dinosaur" first. It's just very disappointing that some states are synthesizer wastelands.

:mad:

• Members

True, I just prefer to try out an "old dinosaur" first. It's just very disappointing that some states are synthesizer
wastelands

:mad:

i hear that. if it's old & rare enough, it doesn't matter too much as long as you have a local, affordable synth tech. obviously there's exceptions due to rare or unserviceable components, etc.

• Members

Cl & Kijiji are great sites as long as you use common sense and exercise discretion.

Remember people, there's no uch thing as a free lunch and if the deal seems too good to be true, run!

There's some dip{censored} scamming an OB8, + Sequencer * Anvil flight case for $1050 in LA.

I wrote to him, asked him whats wrong and notified him the price is too low.

This is what he wrote me back:

Hello

The product is available and it is in perfect condition working great.First of all I can't make this deal face to face because I am in United Kingdom. I work as investigative reporter and I am here to make a documentary about the orphans kids. I want to continue this transaction through a 3rd part Elite Courier...I am in England and I have talked with the people from Elite Courier already.The item is at them ready for delivery and I paid for the taxes and fees already.I worked with them in the past and everything was fine.I posted in your area also because I want to sell it fast(we need money).Please let me know if you want more info about the delivery process.

Thank you

Anyway, when I was searching for an SH-5, I ran into a same situation, the person wrote me and said he was a doctor currently in UK and blah blah blah, and I dhould use a trusted courier he provides.

What these dumb {censored}s do to make it obvious is they make the price too low.

If they were smart they would list it a few hundred below market value but they are so greedy, they think everyone is an idiot.

When the dude tried it on the SH-5 he had it listed at $1200.

I saw another one for an Oasys for $1300, and now the OB8 for 1050.

I wrote him back, told him to do a certain something to his mother and asked him how the weather was in Nigeria, lol

Anyway, I had a nice experience buying my Radias from a guy in Nashville but you have to be careful and dont be afraid to trust your instincts.

• Members

Here's the bogus ad for the LA OB8 scam:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/msg/2866307894.html

Oberheim OB-8 w/ DSX Sequencer - $1050 (la)

For sale is a Oberheim OB-8 w/DSX Sequencer and OB-Expression Pedal. The OB-8 is in great condition and all 8 voices tune up nice. The Sequencer is a perfect match and works well with the OB-8. And an Oberheim Expression Pedal that can be used as a volume or filter sweep pedal. This is a great system. It does have the factory midi installed as well as the proprietary Oberheim Interface. I'll enclose both owner's and service manuals. Also, with the system is a 25 pin interface cable for the OB-8 and DSX Sequencer. And lastly, both power cords

Archived