How do I open up a Nord Lead?

• Members

Hey folks.

My Nord Lead 2x, which is in perfect working order, seems to have something loose inside. It's rather disturbing and an incredibly annoying factor when moving it around. It's well beyond warranty period, so I thought I might as well just pop the hood and make a diagnosis. I've removed the screwes that are apparently securing the red cover to the black base, but the cover won't come off in the control panel end, as it seems (to my surprise) that the knobs, buttons and electronics are fastened to the top panel. Will I be going in over my head trying to open up the keyboard, potentially risking to cause injury, or do you guys know how to persuade a reddie like this one?

Niels

• Members

.....my Stage requires the wood endcaps to be removed before the top is freed up.

Same here (as with Moe) - I had to open up my Electro2 to clean a key touchpad, & the end-cap securing screws needed to removed.

The knobs are attached to the top panel and do not need to be removed, as they come away as one unit.

IT IS IMPORTARTANT THAT YOU ALEAYS KEEP A RECORD OF WHICH SCREWS COME FROM WHERE -

so you know where to put them back !

• Members

Nor sure if the same apples to a nord2, but on an original NordLead, you remove the front screws in each side and the 4 across the back. Once you do that, just flip the lid back. The two remaining screws at the back of each side should stay in.

• Members

Im pretty sure I know how it happened because it happened to me all the time when I had mine. If it happens again, you don't need to unscrew it, just tilt the nord forward keybed facing down, the pencil should slide forward toward the black lip area underneath the key bed... slide your fingers in and under then feel around (dirty) until you feel the pencil. Thats pretty much it. :)

Archived