wiring help on a 2x12 gflex

Sordid1

• Members

Ok so I got two 16 ohm eminence governors to put in the cab. I understand I need to wire them in parallel but this cab has not just a mono input but also stereo inputs and an extension cab out. Does anyone have a schematic or can tell me how I need to wire this up so it will be in 8 ohms? Please help I'm lost!

• Members

Well I LOVE the stock Gflex speakers so this wasn't necessarily about better speakers just a fuller spectrum and getting it to 8 ohms. I really like the Governors, they are a lot like a v30 but I would say a little smoother in the mids and a little warmer overall. I really like them so far and can't wait to hear what they sound like once they get broken in a little.

• Members

i find they have no fat midrange, its just a thin midrange and harsh top end and way too much "airy" bass on the bottom. They sound really hifi like they are regular audio speakers. I like the idea of the front flex panel to prevent standing waves though, but you can take care of that with other materials. I think the flex front panel might contribute to the "plasticy" type sound i hear from them.

But like i said alot of people seem to like them and thats all that matters. God knows i have about the most contraversial amp known to man so.....

• Members

i find they have no fat midrange, its just a thin midrange and harsh top end and way too much "airy" bass on the bottom. They sound really hifi like they are regular audio speakers. I like the idea of the front flex panel to prevent standing waves though, but you can take care of that with other materials. I think the flex front panel might contribute to the "plasticy" type sound i hear from them.

But like i said alot of people seem to like them and thats all that matters. God knows i have about the most contraversial amp known to man so.....

You know I think I realized you and I like completely different things when it comes to tone! I love the governors but I still like the stock gflex speakers better. Having said that the two together is sonic bliss!

• Members

You know I think I realized you and I like completely different things when it comes to tone! I love the governors but I still like the stock gflex speakers better. Having said that the two together is sonic bliss!

I agree me and you have different tastes for personal tone. I like your tone alot from your recordings though, but thats not really the type of thing i play right now.

• Members

I agree me and you have different tastes for personal tone. I like your tone alot from your recordings though, but thats not really the type of thing i play right now.

Yeah that's why I always say find what works for you because I realize what works for what I do isn't going to be the ideal setup for someone else. I think a lot of times we fail to ask what kind of music people are playing when we give advice on amps or at least I do.

Archived