Sevendust/Red/Diecast concert Sunday

TOStudent

• Members

Can't remember the first bands name.

2nd Diecast- from Boston was okay. But their music to ME is alot of different stuff. They do like a screamo song. Then some keyboard ballad. Then like a old school metal song. Kinda of hard to get a style from them.

The thing that I thought was really BAD was they only get a 28min set and are on the west coast I would think to get people to hear their stuff. And they play a version of Top Gun's "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins, it wasn't good enough to be funny it was just bad.

Red-I actually enjoyed alot.

Their one guitar player was playing a Recto and was LOST in the mix between the bass. The other guitar player cut through great and had a nice gritty crunch. Tight bass. When they brought his gear by turns out he was running a Recto and a Marshall head I believe a Zakk Wylde model.

They both were running 2 Splawn 4x12 and 2 Splawn 2X12 each. Which looked really cool on stage.

Sevendust sounded great!! I thought they put on a great show and really have great stage presence.

Their drummer is SICK!!

I think Mayo uses a Recto but it didn't sound like one. He had a wah and a Ground Control unit. He got a Washburn deal I guess he was using a bunch of the Idol series.

The other guitar player was using his Epiphone LP's. Randall direct mic cabs. I believe he uses the Randall RM Module stuff. It sounded a little fuzzy but good. Mayo the other guy's I thought sounded a little better and cut a little better.

They played a great set of songs if you like them.

I plan on seeing them again on Thursday. Bought tickets for the Anaheim show yesterday.:thu:

• Members

I saw them at the HoB hear in Chicago and it was awsome. Red really surprised me. They put on a great show and had some pretty rockin' tunes. Sevedust were killer. I had never seen them before and they blew me away.

Sonny and John both use Randall. Theyare using a V2 and an RM100 each. Sevedust has actaully used Randall for a while now, even when Clint was still in the band. The were using the VMAX back then.

• Members

I saw them at the HoB hear in Chicago and it was awsome. Red really surprised me. They put on a great show and had some pretty rockin' tunes. Sevedust were killer. I had never seen them before and they blew me away.

Sonny and John both use Randall. Theyare using a V2 and an RM100 each. Sevedust has actaully used Randall for a while now, even when Clint was still in the band. The were using the VMAX back then.

I know in the studio he uses that Marshallhead/Mesa Head combonation and had heard he was using the Randall RM stuff but did not know about the VMAX.

• Members

I went to see them again tonight.
Sunday's show was good but tonights I thought was better.

Although I skipped the first two tonight and saw just Red and Sevendust.

I still think Red is pretty cool.

BUt Sevendust was even better tonight than Sunday.

• 4 months later...

Archived