Pianoteq 4

pogo97

• Members

I think it will be very hard for any current synth/rompler or even stage piano out there to rival this piece of software. It's practically a real grand piano without the actual keys, the wood and the strings. I can't remember them, but there are other piano virtual instruments [sampled I believe] that sound really good, too.

I jumped directly to the "Film Score" demo because that's the closest to what I like/do, and I loved it! Those strings were the icing on the cake.

Unfortunately for me, it's kinda expensive :(

399 Euros.

($523 according to a currency converter I just used on google).

• Members

Unfortunately for me, it's kinda expensive

399 Euros.

standard version 249 euros. The 399 euro pro version is more for people who want to build their own piano note-by-note. Upgrade from version 3 to 4 : 29 euros.

• Members

I downloaded it and played quite a bit tonight. The sound of the new D is very natural, no metallic overtones any more. I felt that the top 2 octaves decayed down into the hammer noise a bit too fast, but that may be the exact way that the real piano sounded. There are some really nice presets in there, and the convolution verb sounds very lush in the movie soundtrack preset.

• Members

Played the D4 Blues preset (retuned to my preference) for hours last night. Jammed along with some old R&B and country stuff. Sounded and felt very organic and natural. Sounded, in fact, very like the pianos on the recordings. Can't ask for much better than that.

Archived