Bogner Ecstasy 101b help

untitledblinkfa

• Members

hey all,

I'm looking to find the cheapest way possible to control my bogner 101b via a midi controller. I will be getting an effects unit soon, looking at either an intellifex or g major that'll run through the loop. Also, I have a few distortion pedals that I'd like to be able to control via just one button press on the midi board. So I guess I'm looking for a 1 button solution to get everything switched. I'm hoping all the replies won't be gcx..but I have a feeling they will be. The problem I have with that is that it seems the medusa cable needed to switch the bogner will end up taking 7 of the 8 loops in the gcx switcher.

matt

• Members

I use an RJM Amp Gizmo with mine. He makes a custom cable that plugs right into the footswitch jack of the XTC.

I use a FCB1010 to control everything. Everything being a G-major, FireworX, GRX4 for pedals, and the amp gizmo.

It isn't cheap, but it's better then the GCX or a switchblade or something.

-W

• Members

Another vote for Mario
:thu:

Unfortunately Mario has discontinued the AC8, has none in stock left over and still hasn't finished its replacement!! Pretty poor business sense considering how awesome his products are.

I also have an XTC101-b and didn't want to fanny around with the GCX so instead I have ordered the CFX-4 and am using just 4 controls rather than all 7 (live I never use the fx switch, clean boost or standby so just went for the 3 channel switches and the second boost). I run this in stereo through a GroundcontrolPro floor board with a Cobra and an intellifex...gets pretty badass and always upsets other bands' guitarists!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

I went with the GCX and ground control pro - I have the medusa cable and it all works great with a g-major in the loop, an OCD, and a keeley modded Blues Driver, I can press a button and use any combination of channels, effects and pedals I want - setting it up was a breeze too.............

• Members

I have an access box (GRX4). I honestly like the RJM stuff better. The interface is cleaner, programming is easier, ect. Plus I've had great service from them. I had one that I thought went bad (ended up being a midi cable), and they shipped me a new one overnight no charge.

Amp gizmo is a half rack size too. I have a 2U shelf that holds my 3 pedals, GRX4, amp gizmo, and voodoolabs pedalpower2.

-W

• Members

The Axess AC8 can do the amp switching:

For the pedals you could use this from the same brand:

Upon contacting Axess they might have a product that combines both functions.

Good luck!!

Mario's stuff is great too. Ive had his stuff before but the AC8 is discontinued and a replacement is in the works but no word of when. IMHO the Amp Gizmo with a controller like the Midi Mate is much more versitile.

Archived