I took some new gear pics today...

Random Hero

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice! Adam, have you thought about using the G-Major+FCB (4 relays in total) to switch the Mark IV channels so you don't need the Mark IV's footswitch for live playing?

Hey man,

I do use the relays in the G-Major, and FCB, i'll explain...

I use a stereo Y cable from the G-Major to switch the EQ and Loop on and off, and the 2 relays on the FCB to switch between Rhythm 1 and Lead. If I want to go to Rhythm 2, I need to turn both channel relays off, and leave the footswitch on Rhythm 2, and it defaults to that. When the relays are off, it defaults to where the footswitch is set. That's one reason I have the IV switch there. The other reason is so that I can see when the loop and EQ are engaged on the fly, without looking back at my amp. I suppose also, if the FCB ever went down, it would be there to switch, but as it goes, I don't actually use it to switch at all. It's there as a reference more than anything else, as the FCB does all my switching.

I hope that wasn't a really convoluted way of saying something simple!

• Members

Hey man,

I do use the relays in the G-Major, and FCB, i'll explain...

I use a stereo Y cable from the G-Major to switch the EQ and Loop on and off, and the 2 relays on the FCB to switch between Rhythm 1 and Lead. If I want to go to Rhythm 2, I need to turn both channel relays off, and leave the footswitch on Rhythm 2, and it defaults to that. When the relays are off, it defaults to where the footswitch is set. That's one reason I have the IV switch there. The other reason is so that I can see when the loop and EQ are engaged on the fly, without looking back at my amp. I suppose also, if the FCB ever went down, it would be there to switch, but as it goes, I don't actually use it to switch at all. It's there as a reference more than anything else, as the FCB does all my switching.

I hope that wasn't a really convoluted way of saying something simple!

Yeah, I'm with you. Nice work. I thought the Mark IV defaulted to channel 2 without the footswitch? Still, I can understand wanting to see the status of the EQ, loop and channel.

If you ever wanted to get rid of the footswitch I could help you build a little plug-in connector that would perform the same function. In fact, if you wanted to be really sneaky, you could make a box that also shows the status just like the footswitch, but sits near the amp.

• Members

Yeah, I'm with you. Nice work. I thought the Mark IV defaulted to channel 2 without the footswitch? Still, I can understand wanting to see the status of the EQ, loop and channel.

If you ever wanted to get rid of the footswitch I could help you build a little plug-in connector that would perform the same function. In fact, if you wanted to be really sneaky, you could make a box that also shows the status just like the footswitch, but sits near the amp.

I only tried it briefly without the switch, so I can't remember now. It might well do that, but for some reason I can't remember it defaulting to ch2. I might be wrong.

A row of LEDs to tell the status on my board would be very cool...

• Members
Whats the point of this thread???
:confused:

you're a
bedroom Boogie player
who has bad tone so what?

this thread is {censored}ing embarrassing buddy..... for your sakes I hope nobody you know is watching.
:freak:

I play in a band? :confused:

How do you know I have bad tone? I haven't even posted any Mark IV clips :freak:

• Members

Hey Adam, I was thinking of getting a Tu-2 tuner like you have. I'm having trouble with the G Major's tuner for the drop D stuff. I have mine set to coarse and it just doesnt seem to that accurate sometimes either. Also, it would enable me to use my #9 patch on the Behringer that I use for a tuner-mute for effects instead.

:wave:

• Members
but with a bedroom tone. how many shows do your band do a month?

you have a MKIV....
:idea:

also i heard your other boogie clips,, the playing was ok but the tone was.
:freak:

My current band is only just getting off the ground, my old band did maybe 2 shows a week for a while? Why am I proving myself to you anyway? Have I offended you in the past?

Btw, let me get this straight, how do I play in a band with a "bedroom tone"? What the hell does that even mean? And I take it you don't like Mark IVs?

Archived