I'm officially fed up with Omnisphere

lewey

• Members

I'd love to hear what you came up with after all that effort.

By the way, 2 years ago you were singing the praises of Omnisphere and other software and saying everything hardware-based is total utter crap. I'm wondering if you still think that.

I won't touch a hardware synth with a stick. I'll touch a pile of dog poop with that stick though. But not hardware synths. I don't even keep them on my table no more. They're in the water heater closet with cat food, mop, detergent and other household stuff - exactly where they belong.

Omnisphere is ok. The sound selection is huge. The quality of recording is excellent but the quality of recording technique is extremely poor/amateurish if you know what I mean (hence my bitching about hours of mixing). I hate working with it. For the type of music I do it's perfect, but it's too damn hard to work with for extensive projects. One song at a time once every 2-3 months might be ok, but not 21-track 1-hour+ 400 sounds+ adventure I embarked upon about 6 months ago.

• Members

A lot of people like Omnisphere by what it can do more than what it does. It's one of those instruments where if I hear something in my head, I can probably make it happen. Granted, most of the time programmers don't hear what I hear in my head :)

But, you also make a REALLY good point about rendering VI's to WAV files. I do that almost automatically. You never know when an update or other issue is going to make things, well, strange.

• Members

Now I REALLY want to hear it.

I will release it soon, but the problem is I said too many asocial things on this forum (especially open jam) and I don't want some trolls or just previously offended people come and post on my facebook page links to some stupid threads I made (hundreds of them, actually). So as much as I want to I'm not going to share this project with anyone here. :( But if only you knew how much I want to...

• Members

They're in the water heater closet with
cat food, mop, detergent and other household stuff
- exactly where they belong.

Wow, sounds like your heater closet is pretty full. My closet on the other hand is a bit on the empty side. To me it sounds like your synths would fit in my closet a bit better. When can I pick them up?

• Members

Wow, sounds like your heater closet is pretty full. My closet on the other hand is a bit on the empty side. To me it sounds like your synths would fit in my closet a bit better. When can I pick them up?

I took them to Goodwill today.

Archived