WOT: Penguins are out (!!!)

dufe32

• Members

I wouldn't feel too sorry if I was a Pens fan. Given's Ottawa's history, they'll start getting cocky and won't be taking their opponents seriously in the next round. If they play the Rangers, it'll be a tight series. If they play Jersey, it's over for Ottawa.

• Members
I wouldn't feel too sorry if I was a Pens fan. Given's Ottawa's history, they'll start getting cocky and won't be taking their opponents seriously in the next round. If they play the Rangers, it'll be a tight series. If they play Jersey, it's over for Ottawa.

Given Germany's history, they'll think they're superior and try to kill all the jews... You're argument is flawed, people learn from their mistakes. You're probably just a sens hater :D

• Members
Given Germany's history, they'll think they're superior and try to kill all the jews... You're argument is flawed, people learn from their mistakes. You're probably just a sens hater
:D

And you're obviously a Sens fan. Hopefully you're not thinking that the next round will be a cake walk. Brodeur has three rings. How many does Alfie have again (not counting those two cups the Sens should've won in 2004 and 2005).

• Members
And you're obviously a Sens fan. Hopefully you're not thinking that the next round will be a cake walk. Brodeur has three rings. How many does Alfie have again (not counting those two cups the Sens should've won in 2004 and 2005).

When did I say it'd be a cake walk? Marty's rings are not saving the Devils as of now are they?

I'm pretty sure Alfie's played a whole lot better than Brodeur in the playoffs so far. BTW who's your team? Montreal? Toronto? :lol:

• Members

Funny, I'm not as elated as I thought I'd be. Don't get me wrong, I did drink a bottle of champagne and run naked through the streets, but I somehow thought I'd be happier when the Pens lost. I think my jubilation has been tempered by the lack of a Rangers implosion to date. Just a matter of time though! ;)

• Members

Marc has a point but Marty's gotta stop Lecavalier and St-Louis first, and it's no piece of cake. Also, Rangers seem to be on a mission, they might surprise a lot of people. Look at the Preds, they're almost gone!! Keep an eye on Detroit also, they're not out yet.

• Members
When did I say it'd be a cake walk? Marty's rings are not saving the Devils as of now are they?

I'm pretty sure Alfie's played a whole lot better than Brodeur in the playoffs so far. BTW who's your team? Montreal? Toronto?
:lol:

Don't worry who my taem is. It isn't Ottawa.

Alfie might be playing better than Brodeur, but not by much. It's about time Alfie's shown up in the playoffs (where was he last year?). Jersey is starting to turn it on too. It's not like Ottawa doesn't have it's share of floaters (Redden, Heatley, Saprykin). I'm still not convinced Ottawa can get it done, especially not with Buffalo still in the mix.

• Members

I think the Pens are a year or two ahead of schedule. They need a scoring winger for Crosby and they need at least one more stud defenseman. Plus they'll have Letang coming up from the minors next year. He's like a right handed Gonchar with more speed. That, and another year's experience and they should be set for a good run. It was nice to be able to enjoy hockey again.

The only two teams in the East I thought the Pens don't match up well against are Ottawa and Jersey. I think they could handle any of the other teams.

I will say that if you put Ottawa's defense in front of Marc Andre Fleury that he might be as good (or seem as good) as Brodeur.

• Members

Pens went there a little too over-confident I think, and when you face an experienced team like the Sens, you can't be "over-confident". Just wait a year or two, they will get back there with more experience and they'll rock. As much as I like Crosby, he should stop the whining and crying at the refs, that's annoying. Hell of a hockey player though. My team did not make the playoffs so you Sens and Pens fans are lucky and should be happy!

• Members

Pens went there a little too over-confident I think, and when you face an experienced team like the Sens, you can't be "over-confident". Just wait a year or two, they will get back there with more experience and they'll rock. As much as I like Crosby, he should stop the whining and crying at the refs, that's annoying. Hell of a hockey player though. My team did not make the playoffs so you Sens and Pens fans are lucky and should be happy!

I'm not sure what you mean about his whining and crying. There were frequently guys hanging on him and nothing was called. Look back to the end of Game 4 when Crosby was crosschecked in front of the goal right in the face and nothing was called. Malkin got so pissed he dropped the gloves and got the penalty. I am not at all blaming the series loss on the refs. The Pens were thoroughly outplayed. I just don't objectively think Crosby whined about anything. He had some legitimate gripes.

• Members

I just cant get into the NHL these days, the league does EVERYTHING in its power to stop any ornory/nastiness and heated emotion in a series (letters, suspensions, threats, fines - they set them out to the temas before the playoffs, {censored}ing pathetic :mad::bor: How the hell are you supposed to get a rivalry? Seriously how?? This new NHL just doesnt get it, screw them

Aaaaaaaaaaanddd the officiating is still {censored}ing atrocious, the Islanders have been screwed over so much in their series with Buffalo, but instead of addressing the piss poor job by the refs, the league and the P.C. Police are more worried about some roughstuff in a hockey series! idiots! :freak:

{censored}ing clueless should be the leagues new moto

Bring back passion filled hockey, get rid of this new bull{censored}! Ok rant off

:blah:

• Members
I just cant get into the NHL these days, the league does EVERYTHING in its power to stop any ornory/nastiness and heated emotion in a series (letters, suspensions, threats, fines - they set them out to the temas before the playoffs, {censored}ing pathetic
:mad::bor:
How the hell are you supposed to get a rivalry? Seriously how?? This new NHL just doesnt get it, screw them

Aaaaaaaaaaanddd the officiating is still {censored}ing atrocious, the Islanders have been screwed over so much in their series with Buffalo, but instead of addressing the piss poor job by the refs, the league and the P.C. Police are more worried about some roughstuff in a hockey series! idiots!
:freak:

{censored}ing clueless should be the leagues new moto

Bring back passion filled hockey, get rid of this new bull{censored}! Ok rant off

Agreed.

• Members

I'm not sure what you mean about his whining and crying. There were frequently guys hanging on him and nothing was called. Look back to the end of Game 4 when Crosby was crosschecked in front of the goal right in the face and nothing was called. Malkin got so pissed he dropped the gloves and got the penalty. I am not at all blaming the series loss on the refs. The Pens were thoroughly outplayed. I just don't objectively think Crosby whined about anything. He had some legitimate gripes.

Yeah I agree with you, refs don't make calls when they should, and that stuff leads to more frustration and cheap shots. I just feel that if Crosby keeps on arguing with refs, they'll soon start to ignore him and never call when he'll get hit. {censored} he's a great hockey player!

• Members
Agreed.

Bro your from Quebec? I dont have to tell you about GREAT passion filled hockey, the old Nordiques .vs Canadiens or any Adams division team, great INTENSE hockey, the old series/rivalries used to have such a buzz/excitment 2 them.. :cry:

Fast foward to 1997 and the old Nordiques (now the Colorado Avalanche) and the INTENSE HATED/HEATED rivalry between them and the Detroit Red Wings, the Claude Lemuiex hit on Chris Draper, Darren Mcarty taking on Lemuiex and kicking his ass and the PLACE just going nutz! - These teams hated each other! BUT THATS HOCKEY!!! Not this PC no hitting no emotion bull{censored} they push on us today!

BTW the Red Wings were down 4-2 in that game + the fight/brawl started and Mcarty went on 2 score the winning goal in that game and the Wings won the cup that year (i think)..

I fell bad for any people who missed out on that series/era for hockey - it was amazing game/sport to watch!

:thu:

• Members

I'm from Montreal and of course we miss the great rivalry. Nobody could understand that rivalry unless you were living in Montreal or Quebec. Badass hockey, great fights, emotional games... There won't be any of this in the "new" nhl and that's {censored}ing sad. Too many teams, weird schedules and too much business involved. Players don't care for what team they wanna play, they care about the money they're gonna get. Sad. It used to be fun, I mean you will never see "dynasties" anymore, like Edmonton in the 80's or the Islanders, Montreal in the 70's, etc. It became a business more than a sport.

• Members

I'm from Montreal and of course we miss the great rivalry. Nobody could understand that rivalry unless you were living in Montreal or Quebec. Badass hockey, great fights, emotional games... There won't be any of this in the "new" nhl and that's {censored}ing sad. Too many teams, weird schedules and too much business involved. Players don't care for what team they wanna play, they care about the money they're gonna get. Sad. It used to be fun, I mean you will never see "dynasties" anymore, like Edmonton in the 80's or the Islanders, Montreal in the 70's, etc. It became a business more than a sport.

Sad but true.

Hockey used to be my favorite sport but i watch way more Football and soccer, i support my pens. but other than that i hardly watch any other games...............it would help if they actually put them on tv.

• Members

That's the thing with hockey in the USA, you get {censored}ty ratings while here we always score more than a million viewers per game. I dunno how the NHL promotes hockey down there but it's obviously not working. Last year, the {censored}ing Hurricanes "bought" themselves the Stanley Cup and even if they were the champions, the arena wasn't sold out at all, WTF?

• Members
That's the thing with hockey in the USA, you get {censored}ty ratings while here we always score more than a million viewers per game. I dunno how the NHL promotes hockey down there but it's obviously not working. Last year, the {censored}ing Hurricanes "bought" themselves the Stanley Cup and even if they were the champions, the arena wasn't sold out at all, WTF?

The league is TERRIFIED of promoting the physicalness part/aspect of the game it really is.. :bor:

Part of it is that the USA media doesnt really care for hockey, they always put it last on the sports hilights, etc Also most of the highlights you see on the mainstream media are involving a cheapshot (ALA Chris simon or a fight + rarely the passing/beauty aspect) The USA media is a bunch of agenda driven idiots! - Now i REALIZE it is never-ever-ever going to overtake football, baseball, etc but the league was flying a lil higher in the late 80's early 90's (after the Gretzky trade to L.A.) and it was cool or the in thing to go to a hockey game (ALA: hollywood types, etc)

Then this jackass commish comes in (Garry bettman) who doesnt know a blueline from a redline and proceeds to make big changes -- moves league office from Toronto to NY, Changes the names of divisions from Patrick, Norris, Smyth, Adams to North, East, West, etc (generic like basketball) start with rule changes, the blue TV puck (thanks fox/bettman) overexpansion (thx bettman) and the product began to suffer tremendously.. Factor in 2 work stoppages, 2 teams leaving canada, gimmicks, (Shootout) scoring down due to overexpansion/teams trapping TV ratings down, the game cant be found ANYWHERE in the US and its amazing Bettman still has a job, hes done a TERRIBLE JOB as commish..

What they have done is piss off longtime fans like me (20+ yrs) who are the base/core fans and tried to much to make it appealing to soccer moms + mini vans, big mistake and the ratings, attendance reflect this --- discount last year (with promo's + free tix, etc) and attendance was down this year from previous yrs

I feel bad for people who never saw older type hockey, it was a great product!

• Members

Bro, I thought I was the only one hating Bettman, I'm glad some folks out of Canada can see that he is a lame ass mother{censored}er... The thing is not for hockey to become THE most watched sport, we all know that football and basketball is big in the US but I think it deserves more attention than it's got now. Bettman will kill hockey and no one will make a move...

• Members

BTW, Gretz was the best guy to promote hockey in the US; he's a gentleman, knows how to play - not very good as a coach, that's another story! - and he truly was the guy to get people into arenas all over the States.

• Members

I had to mention it, sorry for Penguins fans!! Great players, lack of playoff experience. Will show up much better next year. Credit to Ottawa, solid team.

Happy Feet. March of the Penguins. The Madagascar penguins. Even the "farce" of Penguins movie. Sorry my friend, but penguins are more "in" than ever.

Archived