OT: For EZdrummer Users & Others - EZplayer Free

Megadeth Man

• Members

http://www.toontrack.com/ezplayer_free.asp

This handy piece of software is free, you have to make an account to download. It's the midi browser part from EZdrummer but you can connect it to any sampler. I was looking for a VST plugin that did this exact thing, so I can easily preview loads of midi loops with Battery 2. Sweet. :cool:

You can download the drum maps for EZdrummer and the expansion packs off of the toontrack site.

• Members

i forgot about it until i saw this thread!

i downloaded it last week, but couldn't get it to work in CUBASE.

it's seems like a good idea and i could really use it. i'm going to have to try again and see if i can get it working.

thanks for the reminder!:thu:

• Members

i forgot about it until i saw this thread!

i downloaded it last week, but couldn't get it to work in CUBASE.

it's seems like a good idea and i could really use it. i'm going to have to try again and see if i can get it working.

thanks for the reminder!
:thu:

I got it working fine, no hassle. I did notice in the manual it said you need Cubase SX2 or better. Say if you need any help.

Anyone who makes drum tracks should look into this software. It makes it a lot faster and easier to create {censored} from you library of midi patterns. :thu:

• Members

What do you exactly use this software for?

It's not a drum computer, is it?
:confused:

You need a midi instrument, virtual or real, to hear sounds. This software runs in a host like Cubase and lets you browse & preview your midi patterns and drag and drop them onto a midi track in the host.

• Members

You need a midi instrument, virtual or real, to hear sounds. This software runs in a host like Cubase and lets you browse & preview your midi patterns and drag and drop them onto a midi track in the host.

Thanks, but I'm not sure if I really understand.

So, can I use this program to say get a midi track I made with another program into an audio recording software?

Does that make any sense?

Sorry, I'm a total PC-recording nOOb, but I I really will have to get into the matter !

• Members

Thanks, but I'm not sure if I really understand.

So, can I use this program to say get a midi track I made with another program into an audio recording software?

Does that make any sense?

Sorry, I'm a total PC-recording nOOb, but I I really will have to get into the matter !

You could do that but there wouldn't be much point as you can just import the file into your sequencer.

EZplayer is useful if you have a library of like 40,000 bars of midi beats in 40,000 midi files. They're kinda hard to keep track of otherwise! :)

• Members

You could do that but there wouldn't be much point as you can just import the file into your sequencer.

EZplayer is useful if you have a library of like 40,000 bars of midi beats in 40,000 midi files. They're kinda hard to keep track of otherwise!
:)

Oh, OK, I think I'm kinda getting the point.

It said you can preview your midi files before you add them, so that's the real advantage, right?

Thanks for the explanation, there is so much I have to learn on this field ....

• Members

I got it working fine, no hassle. I did notice in the manual it said you need Cubase SX2 or better. Say if you need any help.

Anyone who makes drum tracks should look into this software. It makes it a lot faster and easier to create {censored} from you library of midi patterns.
:thu:

that must be the problem. i'm using SE. i should have known because SE doesn't allow for drag and drop midi files.

looks like it's time for an upgrade:idea:

Archived