Tiny Terror Standby Switch Question

brazenhead

• Members

I've seen them with both. Mine has got the standby switch on the 7/15 switch and mine is one of the Korean ones (supposedly the first 1000 or so were made in Korea, after that China) so I wonder if that has something to do with it? Bump for an answer, I'm curious as well...

• Members

So then maybe the Korean ones have the standby on the 7/15 and the Chinese ones have it on the on/off switch? I've been turning mine on by first turning it on, then switching from standby to 7 watts, but it seems like this would be bad for the amp? Anyone know anything about this?

• Members

I am just curious because all of the pics I have seen the switch is on the left and mine isn't. I just bugs me when I buy something and it is not like I thought it should be. I would like to know why they changed it though. Maybe somebody will know.

• Members

From Orange.

tinyterror_big.jpg

Which is better the two position wattage or the three?

Maybe the American market has a three position whilst the British enjoy theirs on the on/off.

Or maybe the three standby on the wattage is the hallmark of the cheap chinese knockoff?

All i know is Orange aint saying,or releasing a manual for that matter.

• Members

Here a review detailing the red light that is orange on mine.

I tried to fit a Fender green but it was too big to screw in.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Tiny-Orange-Terror-51097.shtml

Also you notice the switch bezels are distinctly shiny and knurl free whilst the one i has here are knurled about the outside and you can see the keyway on the end of the switch chassis.

• Members

Same here...I could care less if mine is "special" because I love the tone, I only brought it up because I just want to make sure I'm not harming mine. Right now I switch it from Off to On, let it warm up, then switch from Standby to 7 (or 15) watts, since I can't go Off -> Standby -> On

Archived