Just did my first passive to active pickup swap.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I don`t know why I`ve never tried this before. I`ve been playing so long, but never did any of the pickup swaps in my guitars.

I just did the swap in my Fender Esquire Scorpion custom. It seemed like the best place to start since it`s just a single humbucker and single volume control. I`ve had the EMG to put in for about a year, but never got around to doing the work. I ordered the misc. parts last week and had a free night tonight so I jumped on it.

First of all, I`m a {censored}ty solderer and I have one of those {censored}ty Radio Shack irons. Took a few minutes to get the hang of it. First joint was pretty sloppy, but the rest look good. Took about one hour from start to finish. That`s including taking all the tools out, letting the iron heat up, doing the work, re-assembling, restringing it and testing it out.

Sounds great. Everything was right the first time and I`m proud that I finally got around to doing it. :lol:

Eric

P.S.- Free to a good home. One Fender "Atomic" humbucker. Great shape with 10" or 12" of lead. This one`s pretty hot for a Fender pup. I would compair it to a Duncan JB in output. The tone is sorta chunky. Not too bright on the top end. I didn`t like it in the mahogany Fender, but it may work great in ash or alder.

• Members
I'd take the pick up. How do you like the new ones? Any good?

The pickup is yours bro. PM replied to.

I havn`t really given the 81 a good try yet since my shoulder is still hurting pretty bad. I basically just hooked it up and made sure it was fully functional. Hit a few chords and tried some artifical harmonics. I just had the 5150 II volume on 1 because it was already late. I`m going to try and give it a go later this coming up week. I`m thinking she`ll scream though. :evil:

Eric

• Members

The pickup is yours bro. PM replied to.

I havn`t really given the 81 a good try yet since my shoulder is still hurting pretty bad. I basically just hooked it up and made sure it was fully functional. Hit a few chords and tried some artifical harmonics. I just had the 5150 II volume on 1 because it was already late. I`m going to try and give it a go later this coming up week. I`m thinking she`ll scream though.
:evil:

Eric

Never underestimate the POWER of the 81 no matter what these punks say :rawk:

Archived